Jellyfin Forum
Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" (/t-jellyfin-on-unraid-showing-first-episode-of-every-series-in-up-next)

Pages: 1 2

Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" - jellofinnn - 2024-01-30

Version info etc:

Version: 10.8.13 
Operating System: Linux 
Architecture: X64

On UnRAID 6.12.6 (latest)

Jellyfin from the linuxserver repo

So the "next up" on my Jellyfin homepage shows the first episode of every single series I have in my library, which as can be imagined is rather irritating. Is there a way to disable this without removing "next up" functionality?

Thanks

RE: Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-30

Definitely not standard behavior. Are these shows you've previously watched any portion of? When I add new seasons to shows I had previously watched the first episode of the new season shows up in Next Up, but this has never happened with shows I have never watched before (on Jellyfin).

RE: Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" - jellofinnn - 2024-01-30

(2024-01-30, 06:15 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Definitely not standard behavior.  Are these shows you've previously watched any portion of?  When I add new seasons to shows I had previously watched the first episode of the new season shows up in Next Up, but this has never happened with shows I have never watched before (on Jellyfin).

Thanks a lot for replying! No, I only recently set-up my library (within the last week) and have only watched one series, the other dozen plus all appear in Next Up. I figured this was a bug, but it's strange that I can't find any solution to it as well as why it's only effecting a handful of people.

Open to any suggestions that might fix this of course! Thanks all Smiling-face

RE: Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-30

Are you migrating from Plex? Are you using Trakt to sync watch status as you migrate?

RE: Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" - jellofinnn - 2024-01-30

(2024-01-30, 08:09 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Are you migrating from Plex?  Are you using Trakt to sync watch status as you migrate?

Haven't migrated from Plex, it's my first ever media library, and no not using Trakt. 

Subtitles I do have installed (although most of these came pre-installed iirc):

AudioDB
IntroSkipper 
MusicBrainz
OMDB
Open Subtitle
Studio Images
TMDB
TMDB Box Sets

Thanks!

Can you share your jellyfin logs with us via sourcebin or attaching it here?

(2024-01-30, 08:43 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you share your jellyfin logs with us via sourcebin or attaching it here?

Sure, is that the daily log_YYYYMMDD.log file from Dashboard > Logs, or some other log file? Thanks!

That is the one.

RE: Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" - esjaysee - 2024-01-30

The library is treating them as new because they haven't been watched on Jellyfin I assume. You can try changing the next up display threshold to like I think it's 8 days will make it clear.

☰ > Settings > Display > Next up > Max days in 'Next Up'

To get it to 'sync' with your previous Plex history I don't know, I've never used it and never will.

RE: Jellyfin on UnRAID showing first episode of every series in "Up Next" - jellofinnn - 2024-01-31

(2024-01-30, 08:59 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: That is the one.

Sorry for the delay, here's my log for yesterday: https://text.is/2P45/raw

(2024-01-30, 10:21 PM)esjaysee Wrote: The library is treating them as new because they haven't been watched on Jellyfin I assume.  You can try changing the next up display threshold to like I think it's 8 days will make it clear.

☰ > Settings > Display > Next up > Max days in 'Next Up'

To get it to 'sync' with your previous Plex history I don't know, I've never used it and never will.

I had already tried that, I had it set to 10 days and just tied 8 and the issue remains.

Also I've never used Plex, as I pointed out in an earlier comment this is my first ever media library.

Thanks for taking the time to reply all the same, much appreciated!