Jellyfin Forum
Jellyfin on Bigscreen VR - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Jellyfin on Bigscreen VR (/t-jellyfin-on-bigscreen-vr)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Jellyfin on Bigscreen VR - bslaughter5 - 2024-01-16

(2024-01-16, 04:49 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: sudo ufw enable
sudo ufw allow 8096
sudo ufw allow 1900
sudo ufw allow 7359

I've enabled all of these rules and verified that UFW is active and still getting the same message from the client.

RE: Jellyfin on Bigscreen VR - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-16

Did you select a user in the DLNA dashboard? Can you share your jellyfin log with us via sourcebin?

(2024-01-16, 05:24 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Did you select a user in the DLNA dashboard?  Can you share your jellyfin log with us via sourcebin?

When I'm using the web interface, I selected a user from the dashboard, but when trying to connect via Bigscreen app, I dont have the option to select a user. I was looking for a way to turn authentication off on the Jellyfin side to see if that would fix the problem, but havent found that option. Is that the dashboard you're talking about?

I've never used sourcebin, or collected the logs from Jellyfin, but I'll figure it out this evening and provide an update.

RE: Jellyfin on Bigscreen VR - tmsrxzar - 2024-01-16

(2024-01-16, 05:24 PM)bslaughter5 Wrote: When I'm using the web interface, I selected a user from the dashboard, but when trying to connect via Bigscreen app, I dont have the option to select a user. I was looking for a way to turn authentication off on the Jellyfin side to see if that would fix the problem, but havent found that option. Is that the dashboard you're talking about?

dashboard -> dlna; to select which user dlna is operating as

(2024-01-16, 05:27 PM)tmsrxzar Wrote:
(2024-01-16, 05:24 PM)bslaughter5 Wrote: When I'm using the web interface, I selected a user from the dashboard, but when trying to connect via Bigscreen app, I dont have the option to select a user. I was looking for a way to turn authentication off on the Jellyfin side to see if that would fix the problem, but havent found that option. Is that the dashboard you're talking about?

dashboard -> dlna; to select which user dlna is operating as

It was blank! I feel bad for overlooking that. I just made the change and will update after work.

RE: Jellyfin on Bigscreen VR - bslaughter5 - 2024-01-17

(2024-01-16, 05:24 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Did you select a user in the DLNA dashboard?  Can you share your jellyfin log with us via sourcebin?

User was selected and after rebooting the server, I'm still getting the same message. 

I found the logs and verified it creates entries when I connect to the webserver via computer, but when I try to connect to the DLNA server via Bigscreen app, it doesnt create any entries in the log. I'm going to keep looking to see if there is a different log for DLNA.

RE: Jellyfin on Bigscreen VR - tmsrxzar - 2024-01-17

(2024-01-17, 12:05 AM)bslaughter5 Wrote: it doesnt create any entries in the log. I'm going to keep looking to see if there is a different log for DLNA.

perhaps; dashboard -> dlna -> "enable dlna debug logging" ?

(2024-01-17, 12:12 AM)tmsrxzar Wrote:
(2024-01-17, 12:05 AM)bslaughter5 Wrote: it doesnt create any entries in the log. I'm going to keep looking to see if there is a different log for DLNA.

perhaps; dashboard -> dlna -> "enable dlna debug logging" ?

That is set to enabled already. Is there more than one log file I should be looking at? The one I'm looking at is at the following path: /var/log/jellyfin/

RE: Jellyfin on Bigscreen VR - tmsrxzar - 2024-01-17

afaik it should be in the jellyfin log
is debug logging enabled "for jellyfin" in general? https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/administration/troubleshooting/#debug-logging

providing helpful tips along the way is the best i can do, i've never used dlna so i'm not able to help with the issue overall

I was able to test the Jellyfin DLNA server via a Playstation and it worked perfectly. The log file I was looking at does show the connection for the Playstation, but still nothing for the Bigscreen app. I'm starting to think that its something within the Bigscreen app that is blocking my attempt to connect to the DLNA server. I cant think of any other reason I wouldnt be getting logs.