Jellyfin Forum
New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-announcements)
+--- Forum: Project Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-project-announcements)
+--- Thread: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 (/t-new-jellyfin-server-web-release-10-9-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-12

There are a couple links in the OP with the change log for server and web.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - gaming09 - 2024-05-12

Edit saw jelly scrub updated to convert can disregard

Great job JF team

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - gnattu - 2024-05-12

(2024-05-12, 01:37 AM)gaming09 Wrote: Should we uninstall the jellyscrub plugin?

Yes. It won't work as intended anyway.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-12

Does anybody know where the new trickplay files are located? I've been trying to find it out of curiosity.

Also, with Jellyscrub now officially integrated into Jellyfin, will trickplay files be deleted along with their respective video files if the video file is deleted?

(2024-05-12, 02:00 AM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Does anybody know where the new trickplay files are located? I've been trying to find it out of curiosity.

Also, with Jellyscrub now officially integrated into Jellyfin, will trickplay files be deleted along with their respective video files if the video file is deleted?

the plugin auto updates to a new version that has instructions
Basically it will convert hte old ones to the new format (takes a while) then  you can delete the old files and then when complete (id prolly run it a second time to make sure nothing was missed) you can uninstall and remove the repo
1: * Enable native trickplay functionality and set desired options.
Trickplay must be enabled per-library from the Libraries page  page.  (DON'T SKIP THIS)

Configure desired trickplay settings from the TRICKPLAY page.

2:* Convert your already generated .BIF files to native format.

3: * Verify expected videos have trickplay previews, then delete left over .BIF files.

4:* Uninstall Jellyscrub and remove the plugin repository.
Uninstall the plugin from the My Plugins page.

Remove the "jellyscrub" repository from the Repositories page.

(2024-05-11, 07:48 PM)Marcelo Linhares Wrote: Thanks.
When MacOs .dmg package installer will be available?

It's up now.

hmm maybe im behind the times, but looks like confusedpolarbears introskipper is no longer compatible and his git is read-only. Was this rolled in natively at some point ?

Edit looks like introskipper is now supported by a new dev
https://github.com/jumoog/intro-skipper/
for anyone that comes across this, thank you jumoog

To update on where the trickplay files are now located, I found their location. They're located in "config/metadata/library".

If you look into the directories, there should be folders named "trickplay" that each have a folder with the number you picked for your trickplay file resolution.
The trickplay files don't have any identifier to what video they belong.

You don't have the ability to store the trickplay files alongside your media files. So using the Jellyscrub plugin to transfer over my old .bif files, this brought my Jellyfin config folder from 400MB to 21GB in size.

(2024-05-12, 03:23 AM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: To update on where the trickplay files are now located, I found their location. They're located in "config/metadata/library".

If you look into the directories, there should be folders named "trickplay" that each have a folder with the number you picked for your trickplay file resolution.
The trickplay files don't have any identifier to what video they belong.

You don't have the ability to store the trickplay files alongside your media files. So using the Jellyscrub plugin to transfer over my old .bif files, this brought my Jellyfin config folder from 400MB to 21GB in size.

Please don't. We are not using bif files. You are just wasting your space.

I probably didn't explain myself correctly. The trickplay files have to live somewhere.

I'm not keeping the bif files. The Jellyscrub plugin was updated for the last time (a few months ago) to transfer over old bif files and convert them to the new format.
I went ahead and did that conversion. My server doesn't have the bif files anymore. I just stated that my config folder increased in size due to that.

Assuming the new file format uses the same size as the previous bif files, that means that my bif files took up almost 21GB.

Now that I'm looking back at my post, it probably seemed like I wanted to shove the old bif files into the config library. Sorry about that, I didn't mean it that way.

Also, the main reason I was looking around for the location of the new trickplay files was because previously, I made a bash script that would go over all my library folders and delete bif files that no longer had an associated video.
I would delete some videos, but the Jellyscrub plugin wouldn't delete leftover bif files which took up space. I guess I don't have to worry about this anymore, so I'll update my bash script for this.