Jellyfin Forum
It doesn't recognize my new media files - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+---- Forum: Media Scanning & Identification (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-media-scanning-identification)
+---- Thread: It doesn't recognize my new media files (/t-it-doesn-t-recognize-my-new-media-files)

Pages: 1 2

RE: It doesn't recognize my new media files - sq1sz - 2024-05-17

The metadata sources are from TMDB, IMDB, and DOUBAN. On my device, I have NASTOOL installed, which automatically helps me solve metadata scraping issues and creates .nfo files under the files. In the early versions of Jellyfin, it was only necessary to read from the local. In version 10.9.0, it can search for all files but cannot read the metadata. In version 10.9.1, media files cannot be searched for.

The metadata sources are from TMDB, IMDB, and DOUBAN. On my device, I have NASTOOL installed, which automatically helps me solve metadata scraping issues and creates .nfo files under the files. In the early versions of Jellyfin, it was only necessary to read from the local. In version 10.9.0, it can search for all files but cannot read the metadata. In version 10.9.1, media files cannot be searched for.

.zip   20240517.zip (Size: 8.22 KB / Downloads: 3)

(2024-05-16, 07:27 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote:
(2024-05-16, 06:53 PM)antoniosolo2 Wrote:
(2024-05-15, 10:52 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: You can also try zipping the log file and attaching it to a forum post.  It should be small enough after zipping it.

is this what you ask of me?

I see a couple things.  First this.

Code:
[2024-05-15 07:27:40.798 +02:00] [ERR] [30] Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager: Cannot get image dimensions for "D:\PELICULAS 4K\Interstellar (2014)(4K UHDrip 2160p)-poster.jpg"
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found

But it looks like you fixed that at some point yesterday.  But then I see this.

Code:
[2024-05-15 16:25:43.731 +02:00] [ERR] [59] MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager: "TmdbEpisodeImageProvider" failed in GetImageInfos for type "Episode" at "F:\Series\Sky Rojo\S03\05-Sky Rojo - Temporada 3 [HDTV][Cap.305][Castellano][www.AtomoHD.LOL].avi"
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: La dirección solicitada no es válida en este contexto. (api.themoviedb.org:443)

Something about your setup is preventing Jellyfin from reaching TMDB to retrieve metadata.  Do you have a pihole or adblocker or something?

(2024-05-16, 05:54 PM)sq1sz Wrote: Synology DS918+ with Docker installed version 10.9.0 can scan the media library and successfully add it, but most of them do not display the cover. In version 10.9.1, scanning the media library is slow, getting stuck at 50% for a long time. Refreshing the media library also only occasionally allows adding a movie.

What metadata source are you using?  I recall that TMDB is blocked in your country.

The issue has been resolved. The problem was with the built-in tmdb metadata source. Unable to download metadata using the built-in source, all built-in scraping plugins were disabled, and the system began automatically reading locally stored metadata. The information was refreshed immediately. It appears that version 10.9.1 and earlier versions do not actively prioritize locally cached metadata.

RE: It doesn't recognize my new media files - antoniosolo2 - 2024-05-18

and what plugin can I use then that works for me?

RE: It doesn't recognize my new media files - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-18

@antoniosolo2 Your issue is network related. Something is preventing Jellyfin from connecting to TMDB.

Code:
[2024-05-15 16:25:43.731 +02:00] [ERR] [59] MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager: "TmdbEpisodeImageProvider" failed in GetImageInfos for type "Episode" at "F:\Series\Sky Rojo\S03\05-Sky Rojo - Temporada 3 [HDTV][Cap.305][Castellano][www.AtomoHD.LOL].avi"
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: La dirección solicitada no es válida en este contexto. (api.themoviedb.org:443)

Do you have a pihole or adblocker on your network?

RE: It doesn't recognize my new media files - antoniosolo2 - 2024-05-18

I have nordvpn and adblocker, but I have stopped both.

Now I am using Tinymediamanager, but I have such a large library of movies and series that it is very slow to go one by one

RE: It doesn't recognize my new media files - escapegoat - 2024-05-18

Hello,
I had the same exact problem yesterday. I put new TV Shows in a folder and it would not recognize them. I followed instructions on the naming convention documentation. The only way I could get them to be "recognized" is renaming the show folder to something different. I was using 10.9.1 at the time

Out of frustration I reinstalled my entire OS and did a fresh install of Jellyfin to 10.9.2. Now almost NONE of my movies and TV shows are recognized. It only shows 1 movie per folder. This is a fresh install too.

Ununtu 22.04.3 LTS
Intel i7-8650U
Bare Metal Install

RE: It doesn't recognize my new media files - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-19

(2024-05-18, 11:20 PM)antoniosolo2 Wrote: I have nordvpn and adblocker, but I have stopped both.

Now I am using Tinymediamanager, but I have such a large library of movies and series that it is very slow to go one by one

Did you start a library scan after turning those off?

(2024-05-18, 11:31 PM)escapegoat Wrote: Hello,
I had the same exact problem yesterday. I put new TV Shows in a folder and it would not recognize them. I followed instructions on the naming convention documentation. The only way I could get them to be "recognized" is renaming the show folder to something different. I was using 10.9.1 at the time

Out of frustration I reinstalled my entire OS and did a fresh install of Jellyfin to 10.9.2. Now almost NONE of my movies and TV shows are recognized. It only shows 1 movie per folder. This is a fresh install too.

Ununtu 22.04.3 LTS
Intel i7-8650U
Bare Metal Install

Two things I see.  First is that the scan looks like it is going pretty slowly.  Did you enable chapter image extraction and trickplay generation during library scanning?  This is in the library settings.

Second, I see this error, but I'm not sure if it is related.

Code:
[2024-05-18 17:18:41.549 +00:00] [ERR] Error executing Scheduled Task
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/var/cache/jellyfin/transcodes'.

Did you change where transcodes go?  The default location is /var/lib/jellyfin/transcodes.

RE: It doesn't recognize my new media files - antoniosolo2 - 2024-05-19

When I open the tmdb plugin I get this:

RE: It doesn't recognize my new media files - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-19

I'll ask around and get back to you. TMDB can't be reinstalled easily since it is not in the plugins directory.