Jellyfin Forum
Search does not work after update to 10.9.x - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Search does not work after update to 10.9.x (/t-search-does-not-work-after-update-to-10-9-x)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Search does not work after update to 10.9.x - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-25

At this point submit a github issue. Because I've got nothing.

https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/issues

RE: Search does not work after update to 10.9.x - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-26

Looking at the log output from some comments back: "Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 6: 'database table is locked'."

How did you do the upgrade to v10.9? Seems like your database file got locked.

Did you copy it while the server was running? A long time ago, I remember reading about some people that copied their database file while it's being accessed which caused issues with their server.
Jellyfin locks the database file while it's in use. So if you copy the locked database and use it for a new server, you'll most likely get errors.

RE: Search does not work after update to 10.9.x - Kevin Nord - 2024-06-02

(2024-05-26, 05:34 AM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Looking at the log output from some comments back: "Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 6: 'database table is locked'."

How did you do the upgrade to v10.9? Seems like your database file got locked.

Did you copy it while the server was running? A long time ago, I remember reading about some people that copied their database file while it's being accessed which caused issues with their server.
Jellyfin locks the database file while it's in use. So if you copy the locked database and use it for a new server, you'll most likely get errors.

I upgraded using apt upgrade. I'm honestly not sure what happens behind the scenes as far as package managers installing, but I didn't manually back anything up.

RE: Search does not work after update to 10.9.x - Kevin Nord - 2024-07-01

For anyone who comes in the future, I was unable to resolve this issue and ended up reinstalling.

RE: Search does not work after update to 10.9.x - 10rounds - 2024-08-25

I recently upgraded my Jellyfin instance on a Raspberry Pi from version 10.8.x to 10.9.9 via apt, and then to 10.9.10 today. I seem to be encountering the same issue discussed in this thread. Post-upgrade, the Jellyfin web interface loads correctly, and I can play music without any issues. However, the system intermittently hangs completely. Despite waiting for about an hour, the system remains unresponsive, requiring a hard reboot.

After experiencing this issue several times, I performed a backup and an SQLite database health check, both of which reported no problems. I then realized that the hang consistently occurs when I perform a search through the web interface, leading me to believe that this may be the trigger after the upgrade. Interestingly, I have some scripts that perform searches via the API, and those seem to work fine without causing any hangs.

I’ve reviewed the Jellyfin logs but couldn’t find anything related to the issue. Could you please advise on what further information I could provide to help diagnose and report this problem?

Thank you.

RE: Search does not work after update to 10.9.x - prahal - 2024-08-25

(2024-08-25, 10:06 PM)10rounds Wrote: I recently upgraded my Jellyfin instance on a Raspberry Pi from version 10.8.x to 10.9.9 via apt, and then to 10.9.10 today. I seem to be encountering the same issue discussed in this thread. Post-upgrade, the Jellyfin web interface loads correctly, and I can play music without any issues. However, the system intermittently hangs completely. Despite waiting for about an hour, the system remains unresponsive, requiring a hard reboot.

Before experiencing this issue, I performed a backup and an SQLite database health check, both of which reported no problems. The hang consistently occurs when I perform a search through the web interface, leading me to believe that this may be the trigger after the upgrade. Interestingly, I have some scripts that perform searches via the API, and those seem to work fine without causing any hangs.

I’ve reviewed the Jellyfin logs but couldn’t find anything related to the issue. Could you please advise on what further information I could provide to help diagnose and report this problem?

Thank you.

Your issue is unrelated and will get lost if you do not open a dedicated thread for it

This thread is about jellyfin search failing to return a search result and jellyfin logs telling that the database is locked (which means another process already has a "lock" on it to avoid corruption of the database. But here the board does not stop responding. We only have a locked database message in the log.

Your issue is your board is locking which means it freezed and does not respond anymore.

This thread issue is likely fixed for a while as the database locking issue has been fixed for a few minor releases.

It is unlikely jellyfin has anything to do with your board freezing. Such freezes are kernel space issues. Latest Jellyfin likely calls into kernel code that is broken (probably video hardware decoding was enabled in 10.9 for your board). But your board freezing when so is a kernel bug. Or a hardware bug that might be worked around in the kernel.