Jellyfin Forum
versions show as separate titles for some movies - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: versions show as separate titles for some movies (/t-versions-show-as-separate-titles-for-some-movies)

Pages: 1 2

RE: versions show as separate titles for some movies - tepsys - 2024-08-07

Hmmm, it seems you are right in that it for some reason does not like some titles with both vertical and horizontal resolutions in the file name. But it also clearly does work in some cases because it is working for me on a number of titles.

I would rather not rename the files for the previously mentioned reasons and will just deal with the minor visual annoyance for now because it's not much more than that. Hopefully this issue can be resolved sometime later.
Which raises the question: What's different about the files that Jellyfin does display properly with both vertical and horizontal size and the ones that it doesn't? I'll take a look at my library and see if anything obvious stands out

RE: versions show as separate titles for some movies - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-07

(2024-08-07, 06:22 PM)tepsys Wrote: Which raises the question: What's different about the files that Jellyfin does display properly with both vertical and horizontal size and the ones that it doesn't? I'll take a look at my library and see if anything obvious stands out
Most likely the parser can't tell it's a resolution and treats it as part of the file's name.

Like the string "1920x1080p" makes sense and is understood, but "1920x960p" is not parsed right and is assumed as a movie name.

As an example, I've seen people number their seasons and episodes with "01x01" for season 1 episode 1.

Perhaps, but the docs suggest versioning isn't limited by Labels. "To distinguish between versions, each filename needs to have a space, hyphen, space, and then a label. Labels are not predetermined and can be made up by the user." I also have instances where both videos seem to be a "non-standard" resolution and versioning is working just fine.

Dumbo (1941)/
├── Dumbo (1941) - [1436x1078p].mp4
├── Dumbo (1941) - [560x416p].avi

Edit:

Also instances where versioning is working despite the rename tool failing to put the resolution in the filename:

DuckTales The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990)/
├── DuckTales The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990) - [720x432p].avi
├── DuckTales The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990) - [p].avi

RE: versions show as separate titles for some movies - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-07

Don't forget about manually merging them.  For whatever reason, when you are in list view you can't select multiple items to merge.  Switch to poster view

(2024-08-07, 03:38 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Huh.  Apparently Jellyfin-web behaves differently depending on what view you are in.  Long click doesn't work in the list view.
Change from the list view to the poster view.  Then you should be able to long click and merge them manually.

(2024-08-07, 06:56 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Don't forget about manually merging them.  For whatever reason, when you are in list view you can't select multiple items to merge.  Switch to poster view

(2024-08-07, 03:38 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Huh.  Apparently Jellyfin-web behaves differently depending on what view you are in.  Long click doesn't work in the list view.
Change from the list view to the poster view.  Then you should be able to long click and merge them manually.

Oh yeah, I suppose I will do that as a workaround for now as I come across them. Thanks Smiling-face.