Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+---- Forum: Media Scanning & Identification (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-media-scanning-identification)
+---- Thread: SOLVED: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback (/t-solved-new-install-stuck-at-0-0-scanning-libraries-and-no-playback)

Pages: 1 2

RE: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-22

Can you open a dev console in your browser, reproduce the problem, and look for any thing in the browser console messages that stand out.

Also, are you using a reverse proxy?

RE: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback - BourbonDoc - 2024-08-22

To rule out the HDD I tried content from the original array and am still having the same playback issues

RE: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback - BourbonDoc - 2024-08-22

(2024-08-22, 07:27 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you open a dev console in your browser, reproduce the problem, and look for any thing in the browser console messages that stand out.

Also, are you using a reverse proxy?

Currently accessing with wg VPN.

Attached are the only things that looked interesting in the browser. Though admittedly I have no idea what I'm looking at.

RE: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-22

Since it is using port 30013, that tells me this is the Jellyfin "app" that TrueNAS provides. Is there no way to run a container outside of Kubernetes? Just a plain docker container?

(2024-08-22, 08:31 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Since it is using port 30013, that tells me this is the Jellyfin "app" that TrueNAS provides.  Is there no way to run a container outside of Kubernetes?  Just a plain docker container?

Yea I'm using the charts app through TrueNAS. You can technically get Docker to work on the system, it's just a whole series of workarounds that's a PIA. I started to try it one day, got frustrated, and gave up.

I had it working for a long time on TrueNAS with only the issue of my old processor not being able to handle burning in subtitles. New setup handled that no problem. Then it all came crashing down when I moved my media library to a different HDD. Having tried the old HDD with this install and having the same issue, it definitely seems to be a JF issue or configuration.

RE: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-22

Did you make sure to assign 1 GPU device in the app settings (Truenas Scale's App launcher settings for the Jellyfin container).

Can you share a screenshot of your Jellyfin transcode settings?

Got back to my home network. Fire TV stick works no problem on LG CX TV, phone now works no problem, browser gives "Fatal player error". ¯\(°_o)/¯

(2024-08-22, 09:10 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Did you make sure to assign 1 GPU device in the app settings (Truenas Scale's App launcher settings for the Jellyfin container).

Can you share a screenshot of your Jellyfin transcode settings?

It's set to 5 GPU Device, the highest option it gave. 

Screenshot attached. Allow HEVC encoding is the only other option that's not default. Didn't want to attach another picture just for that box.

Your GPU does not support AV1 decoding. You can check all the other boxes except AV1 decoding. Also, farther down, do you have "Allow encoding in AV1" checked (I can't remember if that is checked by default)? Your GPU doesn't support that either.

RE: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-22

(2024-08-22, 09:40 PM)BourbonDoc Wrote: It's set to 5 GPU Device, the highest option it gave. 

Screenshot attached. Allow HEVC encoding is the only other option that's not default. Didn't want to attach another picture just for that box.
You don't need to assign all 5 devices. Jellyfin only supports a single GPU device.
Looked up what your CPU's iGPU supports, and it supports the decoding of all codecs listed in Jellyfin except for VP8.

Maybe try unchecking the "Prefer OS native DXVA or VA-API hardware decoders" option.

RE: New install stuck at 0.0% Scanning Libraries and no playback - BourbonDoc - 2024-08-23

I'm marking this as solved because it seems to have been a combination of a lot of things that eventually got sorted out. Thanks for putting up with my troubleshooting!

I ended up ordering an A380 that I can throw in and never have to worry about compatibility (until the next generation of compression anyhow).

If y'all have buy me a coffee links or similar let me know, I appreciate the help and rapid replies!