Jellyfin Forum
New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-announcements)
+--- Forum: Project Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-project-announcements)
+--- Thread: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 (/t-new-jellyfin-server-web-release-10-9-10)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - KodiUser1138 - 2024-08-26

(2024-08-25, 11:49 PM)TH35 Wrote:
(2024-08-25, 07:08 PM)KodiUser1138 Wrote: So no fix to the issues with Collections not refreshing from the XML files?

Is this a "bug" or a new intended behaviour? Cause I don't see a bug report for this on git.

Context: I just upgraded to 10.9.10 and on reviewing, just realized that half my collection contents are missing. It's not related to 10.9.10, as the change seems to have happened on 8/10/24 - but I have backups, and my usual practice would be to just copy the old collection data into the collection folder and do a re-scan or even a restart of Jellyfin.

However, this isn't picking up the new data anymore. The replaced xmls are sitting in the folders with all of the movies in them, but in Jellyfin, they aren't re-added.

I can manually add stuff back, but I have one or two collections that are like 70 films that have no specific keywords in common and would take a long time to go through one at a time and add back manually.

Editing the xmls and refreshing used to be my main way of fixing problems with my collection files.

I've been asking about this issue with Collections but not found any answers. Some time after 10.9.3 JF started to ignore the XML files after the initial upgrade to the newer version and at one point ditch all movies from one of my largest network movie sources. There was no explanation given and the only assumed way to correct would be to go back and manually re-add every entry individually again. I have nearly 300 collections.

I've also asked about better ways to organize and source collections, like using title/sort title, director/actor names and imbedded tags. I get no responses to those inquiries either despite the concept making it much easier for end users to manage their collections. And even how an entry is stored within the XML/database by using the collection name and the title/sort title instead of the full item path in the event you choose to change the path for some reason. Instead when I upgrade a movie from one format to another I need to find that movie in all collections and, previously, manually update the XML files but now would need to re-add them to all collections they would be in.

The entire Collections process is great when it works nicely but it's underlying function was mediocre at best and essentially broken now.

I would also like to see the option to display collections sorted by their database library sections, not having all "movies" grouped together.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-26

(2024-08-26, 12:41 PM)Daivy03 Wrote:
(2024-08-25, 09:26 AM)Fate Wrote: Nice! Love to see more improvements Smiling-face

I updated from 10.9.9 to 10.9.10 on arch without issue.

I only noticed that the Jellyfin Media on PC is still caching some pages. Browsers show it correctly. This did not to appear to affect Android/Android TV anymore.

I noticed the same, the media player for PC is broken in almost all pages after latest update (server 10.9.10 and web 10.9.8 ) . Obv browser versions arent affected Confounded-face

Go to C:\Users\yourUser\appdata\local.  There will be two folders, one called "jellyfinmediaplayer" and another called "Jellyfin Media Player".  Delete both.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - svein39 - 2024-08-26

(2024-08-25, 04:17 PM)gccalvin Wrote: If you are updating through apt, you probably won't be able to use
Code:
apt-get upgrade

This is because ffmpeg got bumped a version, and the previous one was removed, so a new dependency (updated ffmpeg) is required.

I used aptitude to solve this.

However, I had to rollback to 10.9.9, as the Windows Jellyfin Media Client had a UI issue where any overlay menus weren't coming up. I could play media, but not access the dashboard or any menus other than "Home."

I'll wait to see if other people report similarly before trying to update again.

Thank you for the server updates!

Same here, cant even see music albums, clicking on cover or name does nothing.
Also waiting on updates to the iOS client that is buggy at best since 10.9.x

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - ekim - 2024-08-27

upgrade to 10.9.10 and my dashboard is empty, shown only blank sceen when I use app (android or windows) In web browser works fine
[Image: Sn-mek-obrazovky-2024-08-27-162240.png]

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - TheDreadPirate - 2024-08-27

(2024-08-27, 02:25 PM)ekim Wrote: upgrade to 10.9.10 and my dashboard is empty, shown only blank sceen when I use app (android or windows) In web browser works fine

Clear the app storage on Android.  In Windows go to C:\Users\yourUser\appdata\local.  In that folder there will be "jellyfinmediaplayer" and "Jellyfin Media Player" folders.  Delete both, open JMP and login back in.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - He-who-is-tired - 2024-08-27

(2024-08-26, 07:01 PM)KodiUser1138 Wrote:
(2024-08-25, 11:49 PM)TH35 Wrote:
(2024-08-25, 07:08 PM)KodiUser1138 Wrote: So no fix to the issues with Collections not refreshing from the XML files?

Is this a "bug" or a new intended behaviour? Cause I don't see a bug report for this on git.

Context: I just upgraded to 10.9.10 and on reviewing, just realized that half my collection contents are missing. It's not related to 10.9.10, as the change seems to have happened on 8/10/24 - but I have backups, and my usual practice would be to just copy the old collection data into the collection folder and do a re-scan or even a restart of Jellyfin.

However, this isn't picking up the new data anymore. The replaced xmls are sitting in the folders with all of the movies in them, but in Jellyfin, they aren't re-added.

I can manually add stuff back, but I have one or two collections that are like 70 films that have no specific keywords in common and would take a long time to go through one at a time and add back manually.

Editing the xmls and refreshing used to be my main way of fixing problems with my collection files.

I've been asking about this issue with Collections but not found any answers. Some time after 10.9.3 JF started to ignore the XML files after the initial upgrade to the newer version and at one point ditch all movies from one of my largest network movie sources. There was no explanation given and the only assumed way to correct would be to go back and manually re-add every entry individually again. I have nearly 300 collections.

I've also asked about better ways to organize and source collections, like using title/sort title, director/actor names and imbedded tags. I get no responses to those inquiries either despite the concept making it much easier for end users to manage their collections. And even how an entry is stored within the XML/database by using the collection name and the title/sort title instead of the full item path in the event you choose to change the path for some reason. Instead when I upgrade a movie from one format to another I need to find that movie in all collections and, previously, manually update the XML files but now would need to re-add them to all collections they would be in.

The entire Collections process is great when it works nicely but it's underlying function was mediocre at best and essentially broken now.

I would also like to see the option to display collections sorted by their database library sections, not having all "movies" grouped together.

Out of curiosity, have you raised that as a feature request on the Feature Request site?  I believe there's also an official link referenced somewhere for bug reports, if you have not done that via the official channel.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - KodiUser1138 - 2024-08-27

(2024-08-27, 03:37 PM)He-who-is-tired Wrote: Out of curiosity, have you raised that as a feature request on the Feature Request site?  I believe there's also an official link referenced somewhere for bug reports, if you have not done that via the official channel.

I posted numerous feature requests on that forum and got some good response to a number of them. I do understand not all requests, as good as they may seem, are easy to implement or prioritize. Thus far I've not seen any of my requests added into JF. In fact here is my request for the very thing I've been asking about in this thread, with 15 upvotes. 

There was also some discussion someplace I can't find now about collections being treated differently in one of the newer release versions but the main question is why? If these changes have now made the function much more difficult to use, save for essentially re-doing the entire process from scratch, why make such a change? And that question has not been given an answer to my knowledge. Also some people find issues with the program but don't have the time/understanding to fill out bug reports or are simply looking for a possible solution that isn't needing more than a guiding hand and that is why they post in forums such as this.

For these latest releases, which is the first time I've been actively following along, there doesn't seem to be much follow-up when questions are raised outside of a couple posters who are doing their best to stay engaged. From the end user experiencing difficulties that can be pretty frustrating. Not all of us have the technically understanding to work out many kinks in the system and are looking to use a great program to it's fullest without making it a hobby to try and debug.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-08-27

(2024-08-26, 07:01 PM)KodiUser1138 Wrote: And even how an entry is stored within the XML/database by using the collection name and the title/sort title instead of the full item path in the event you choose to change the path for some reason. Instead when I upgrade a movie from one format to another I need to find that movie in all collections and, previously, manually update the XML files but now would need to re-add them to all collections they would be in.
It's not just collections. Everything in Jellyfin relies on the absolute path to the media files.
If the full absolute path changes for any of your media, Jellyfin will not be able to find it. It will instead treat the exact same file in the new path as a brand new file and just treat it as such.

Changing this behavior will be a very big undertaking.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - svein39 - 2024-08-27

(2024-08-27, 03:00 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote:
(2024-08-27, 02:25 PM)ekim Wrote: upgrade to 10.9.10 and my dashboard is empty, shown only blank sceen when I use app (android or windows) In web browser works fine

Clear the app storage on Android.  In Windows go to C:\Users\yourUser\appdata\local.  In that folder there will be "jellyfinmediaplayer" and "Jellyfin Media Player" folders.  Delete both, open JMP and login back in.

That fixed my problems with albums not loading Smiling-face

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.10 - KodiUser1138 - 2024-08-27

(2024-08-27, 07:44 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote:
(2024-08-26, 07:01 PM)KodiUser1138 Wrote: And even how an entry is stored within the XML/database by using the collection name and the title/sort title instead of the full item path in the event you choose to change the path for some reason. Instead when I upgrade a movie from one format to another I need to find that movie in all collections and, previously, manually update the XML files but now would need to re-add them to all collections they would be in.
It's not just collections. Everything in Jellyfin relies on the absolute path to the media files.
If the full absolute path changes for any of your media, Jellyfin will not be able to find it. It will instead treat the exact same file in the new path as a brand new file and just treat it as such.

Changing this behavior will be a very big undertaking.

I don't believe what I've suggested for Collections (or possibly playlists as well) should be fundamentally dependent on the full file path as these operations are possible in other database programs without using such. Continued post in this thread I created awhile ago that got no response so as to not further derail this thread.