Jellyfin Forum
Does Threadfin work with HDHomerun ? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Does Threadfin work with HDHomerun ? (/t-does-threadfin-work-with-hdhomerun)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Does Threadfin work with HDHomerun ? - xaque - 2024-10-21

I'm running off memory here as I'm away from my server.

There is a cron.sh script somewhere in the guide2go directory, there is a option to enable images, can't recall what it's named but something like "Proxy image cache" set that to true and then you may need to rebuild your config for that to be picked up.

As for the m3u/xmltv urls, I use ipam setting in my compose file to ensure a static ip for containers, also ensure the containers are on the same docker network if they're in seperate compose files you'll need to make a network available externally.

Also in that cron.sh file there is a JsonList parameter that you'll want to add your config.xml (whatever you named it) to and change also there is I think a "xteve" port that you'll want to change to 8088 to match your compose file.

I can check my setup layer today if any of what I said here is incorrect or misleading.

RE: Does Threadfin work with HDHomerun ? - ClemFandango - 2024-10-21

(Yesterday, 02:35 PM)xaque Wrote: I'm running off memory here as I'm away from my server.

There is a cron.sh script somewhere in the guide2go directory, there is a option to enable images, can't recall what it's named but something like "Proxy image cache" set that to true and then you may need to rebuild your config for that to be picked up.

As for the m3u/xmltv urls, I use ipam setting in my compose file to ensure a static ip for containers, also ensure the containers are on the same docker network if they're in seperate compose files you'll need to make a network available externally.

Also in that cron.sh file there is a JsonList parameter that you'll want to add your config.xml (whatever you named it) to and change also there is I think a "xteve" port that you'll want to change to 8088 to match your compose file.

I can check my setup layer today if any of what I said here is incorrect or misleading.

I'm going to trash everything and start from a completely clean install and see how I get on.  I did edit the cronjob file accordingly as that was something I hadn't actually done but then I got a memory error of some kind and nothing seemed to happen again but I've just uninstalled and removed everything and I'll try again.

If you have the time I would certainly be grateful if you could give me some insight in to your setup as it might be the missing piece.  I feel i've almost got it but not quite there yet ..

Well I did trash everything and started again and no matter what I do I still can't get images.

When I ran the command "docker exec -it guide2go ./config/cronjob.sh I got an error saying "CBLguide" wasn't found, even though it didn't exist in the cronjob file. I renamed the XML and yaml files anyway.

I ran it again and got an error - "panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
[signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x38 pc=0x6e17f5]"

I had a few more messages but nothing happened so I had to break out of it.

For the record, I'm running everything on a Synology DS224+.

(7 hours ago)ClemFandango Wrote: Well I did trash everything and started again and no matter what I do I still can't get images.

When I ran the command "docker exec -it guide2go ./config/cronjob.sh I got an error saying "CBLguide" wasn't found, even though it didn't exist in the cronjob file.  I renamed the XML and yaml files anyway.

I ran it again and got an error - "panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference

Hmmm, seems like you've done everything I did to get things running. Only thing I could think of is it running in a different environment that what I've got. I running on the most recent Ubuntu. I was helping another person on reddit and they were also on synology and getting similar erros, so perhaps that's the case. You could always raise a github issue. You could post your cron.sh and compose file here for me to compare with what I've got but it already seems in line... idk, wish I could assist further.

(5 hours ago)xaque Wrote:
(7 hours ago)ClemFandango Wrote: Well I did trash everything and started again and no matter what I do I still can't get images.

When I ran the command "docker exec -it guide2go ./config/cronjob.sh I got an error saying "CBLguide" wasn't found, even though it didn't exist in the cronjob file.  I renamed the XML and yaml files anyway.

Hmmm, seems like you've done everything I did to get things running. Only thing I could think of is it running in a different environment that what I've got. I running on the most recent Ubuntu. I was helping another person on reddit and they were also on synology and getting similar erros, so perhaps that's the case. You could always raise a github issue. You could post your cron.sh and compose file here for me to compare with what I've got but it already seems in line... idk, wish I could assist further.

I genuinely appreciate your help, thankyou.  I've had this problem ongoing for a long time and you're one of the few people that's actually taken an interest Smiling-face

I'm actually using Plex as my main media system which is working nicely but I keep coming back to Jellyfin to try and sort this issue out as I do prefer it and I love Swiftfin on iOS as well.

I think my only other way of figuring it out is to maybe install Jellyfin 'clean' again with Schedules Direct plugged in directly as the Guide Data and just turn on full logging to see if it actually picks up why the images and thumbnails start disappearing.

If it's of interest, this is the full "panic" error message I got when I tried to run the cronjob.

Code:
panic: runtime error: invalid memory address or nil pointer dereference
[signal SIGSEGV: segmentation violation code=0x1 addr=0x38 pc=0x6e17f5]

goroutine 1 [running]:
main.GetImageUrl({0xc00a1a4900?, 0x32?}, {0xc0001af2c0?, 0x1?}, {0xc016a6fd60, 0x44})
        C:/Users/alturismo/Desktop/guide2go-master/guide2go-master/cache.go:592 +0x1f5
main.(*cache).GetIcon(0x0?, {0xc000bccc40, 0xa})
        C:/Users/alturismo/Desktop/guide2go-master/guide2go-master/cache.go:651 +0x305
main.getProgram({{0x0, 0x0}, {0x0, 0x0}, {0xc001f25fe6, 0x6}, {0xc001f25ff0, 0xf}, {0xc001f4e000, 0x7}, ...})
        C:/Users/alturismo/Desktop/guide2go-master/guide2go-master/xmltv.go:176 +0x99c
main.CreateXMLTV({0x7ffeb4a5ef41?, 0x7?})
        C:/Users/alturismo/Desktop/guide2go-master/guide2go-master/xmltv.go:86 +0xb18
main.(*SD).Update(0xc0000f6380, {0x7ffeb4a5ef41, 0x17})
        C:/Users/alturismo/Desktop/guide2go-master/guide2go-master/data.go:48 +0x1cc
main.main()
        C:/Users/alturismo/Desktop/guide2go-master/guide2go-master/main.go:47 +0x21a

It's rather bizarre that it seems to be referring to a non-existent program on C drive when it's installed on a Synology NAS.  I've attached the cronjob file as well if you did want to have a look but I do think I'll give Schedules Direct one last try with logging and see how I go, although if I've missed something obvious in the cronjob file .. Smiling-face

The amount of times I've tried all of this "one more time" is crazy .. lol

Unless you're the same guy from reddit this was the exact issue they were having as well, refrencing a non existent c drive... I would probably raise a github issue to at very least let the dev know that this seems to be an issue with this image on synology.