Jellyfin Forum
New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-announcements)
+--- Forum: Project Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-project-announcements)
+--- Thread: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 (/t-new-jellyfin-server-web-release-10-9-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - AlexKalopsia - 2024-05-12

Thank you all for the amazing effort ❤️

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Sirax - 2024-05-12

Hi, win version installation is not even starting on my PC. Is it happening to everyone else ? 10.9 exe works, instead.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - nardisowhat - 2024-05-12

(2024-05-12, 11:46 AM)Jfin Wrote: Hello everyone! I need some help.
macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224)
Jellyfin server jellyfin_10.8.13.dmg working perfectly.
Just downloaded jellyfin_10.9.0-arm64.dmg and installed it.
When starting it up, I get this message.

If I revert back to jellyfin_10.8.13.dmg it work again.
Thanks!
P.S. I have a backup in case I need to revert back.

I have an M1 Mac Mini with Sonoma 14.4.1 running Jellyfin 10.18.13.  I had considered putting Sonoma 14.5 RC which was released last week but haven't yet   I know that 10.9.0 is supposed to be Apple Silicon native.   I will let you know and post here if I put 10.9.0 on my setup.   Good luck

Edit: I just tried it and ran into same issue. However, I put Sonoma 14.5 RC on first then ran the Jellyfin 10.9 update and tried to start it.
I have a feeling I will need to uninstall Jellyfin 10.9 and start from scratch. I don't mind doing that as my main Jellyfin/Plex media server setup is a Windows 11 mini PC. I was curious about trying Jellyfin on my M1 Mac Mini as I read that 10.9 would be Apple Silion Native. i had low expectations for getting Jellyfin running optimally on an Apple Silicon Mac.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - whynoreddit - 2024-05-12

Greetings! First of all, I love Jellyfin and want to thank you for the development!
One thing I can't wrap my head around is the removal of PIN logins. I often need to switch between few accounts and I used to have passwordless pinless login in local network. Now I am supposed to use a very easy to type password for both local and remote connections? That's my only option now, which worsens security by far.

Simple case: I have a family tablet that anyone can use. We need to switch accounts there easily so we can continue watching our stuff.

Please at least make the ability to have multiple users logged in with easy switching. Thanks!

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - PuppetSin - 2024-05-12

Thanks for the amazing update! In regards to Trickplay, my first 10 listed libraries has the Trickplay options but every other library after doesn't have the option available, not sure if its a bug or something on my end

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - gccalvin - 2024-05-12

If anyone is having trouble finding the trickplay options, try the web client instead of the desktop app.

The desktop app hasn't been updated in a while, is it safe to assume we should no longer be using it, as development has stalled?

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Devoted-Coyote - 2024-05-12

(2024-05-12, 02:34 AM)gaming09 Wrote: 2:* Convert your already generated .BIF files to native format.

I'm having some issues with this section, how do I convert my current trickplays (.bif files from jellyscrub) to the native format?
Edit: Sorry, found the info on the jellyscrub github

Quote: All that is required to convert your old .bif files is to update the plugin to the latest version through Jellyfin, restart the server, and visit the plugin configuration page in the dashboard. 

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-12

(2024-05-12, 04:21 PM)gccalvin Wrote: If anyone is having trouble finding the trickplay options, try the web client instead of the desktop app.

The desktop app hasn't been updated in a while, is it safe to assume we should no longer be using it, as development has stalled?
Jellyfin Media Player still works. Its Web GUI though needs to be updated as it's still on the previous version, which is why you can't find the new settings from v10.9.0 on it.

If this truly is a deal breaker, you can use Jellyfin MPV Shim. It's simply an MPV player waiting in the background to be launched. You just use a normal web browser and select the player in the cast options. When you click on a video, MPV shim will be brought to the foreground and will most likely direct play a lot of your things.

Though both JMP and MPV Shim don't support the new trickplay files.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Patrick1945 - 2024-05-12

[attachment=3221][attachment=3221]
(2024-05-12, 09:35 AM)Sirax Wrote: Hi, win version installation is not even starting on my PC. Is it happening to everyone else ? 10.9 exe works, instead.

My Windows installation does start up, but my admin dashboard only contains a very small part of the visible dashboard that can be seen when scrolling, the rest of the screen remains blank.

See Attached Files

Greetings

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-05-12

Try clearing out the cache from your browser.