Jellyfin Forum
What TV Series Are You Watching? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-off-topic)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-media)
+--- Thread: What TV Series Are You Watching? (/t-what-tv-series-are-you-watching)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What TV Series Are You Watching? - Geroldm972 - 2023-11-26

(2023-06-23, 07:08 PM)Host-in-the-Shell Wrote: I'm currently trying to catch up with all the science fiction shows that I missed in the 90's when I was too young to understand them. I've finished Babylon 5 recently, and I'm at the moment going through Farscape.

Farscape is an excellent choice. Whatever it lacks on special effects, it makes up for in storytelling. After watching that series, you'll come to understand how important storytelling really is. As villains go, the character 'Scorpius' is marvelous. However Ben Browder and Claudia Black have an excellent chemistry on-screen. Which is also very visible in the last 2 seasons of Stargate: SG-1. Which is the series I'm currently re-watching.

Go and see if you can find this obscure scifi-series, where storytelling is done much better than the special effects. It is from 1996, so expect it to cross lines from sensible people at times. It is called: Lexx   While Farscape isn't for everyone, Lexx is much more a 'love it or hate it'-series. If you belong to the first category, you'll be watching a little gem. And you'll know within 5 minutes if you belong in the latter category. An edible may help in becoming part of the first category, just so you know.

I'm also re-watching: Legend of the Seeker. Fantasy series from Sam Riami, which needs about 3 or 4 episodes to get you "warmed up" to it. After that the story becomes good. Especially when the (female) Mord-Sith are introduced as villains. Their uniforms are very revealing, yet do not show anything at all, besides their faces. Pretty strong BDSM vibes too. And I guess that the main actor could be considered 'eye-candy' for women of all ages. Rather often he walks around with an undressed torso and he sports a well-defined 'six-pack', if that is a thing.

RE: What TV Series Are You Watching? - TheDreadPirate - 2023-11-28

I'm finally getting around to watching Violet Evergarden.  Loving it so far.

RE: What TV Series Are You Watching? - fliberdygibits - 2023-11-29

For all Mankind if you aren't already.  Also recently the Fall of the House of Usher is amazing.

RE: What TV Series Are You Watching? - fliberdygibits - 2023-11-30

(2023-06-21, 02:53 AM)nota Wrote: Rewatching Breaking Bad and then Better Call Saul.

I didn’t appreciate BB when it first aired; really enjoying the rewatch with a more “refined” palette haha. And excited to finish BCS.

Don't forget to include El Camino

RE: What TV Series Are You Watching? - pegasuspc - 2024-01-05

Seaquest DSV

RE: What TV Series Are You Watching? - pcm - 2024-06-06

DBZ - This is my 8 or 9th rewatch! I have OCD and ADD, don't judge! Smiling-face

RE: What TV Series Are You Watching? - redlonk - 2024-06-12

I'm on uncle Grandpa right now (too many people sleep on it) and also workaholics