Jellyfin Forum
The Introductions thread - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-off-topic)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-discussion)
+--- Thread: The Introductions thread (/t-the-introductions-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: The Introductions thread - PatagonianDuck - 2023-07-02

Hello. I am Carter. I use jellyfin for movies, tv, music, books, photos, a little liveTV. Especially to share home movies and family photos amongst family.

I choose Jellyfin because it is the best option and also open source, which as a developer I appreciate.

Server is some old prebuilt I hacked up:
28TB usable storage with 28TB backup by veam
EVGA 3060
Intel i7-11700KF with Arctic 360 AIO
16GB generic ram
Windows 10

Media player another prebuilt with same specs but using a 6600XT
Ruipro Fiber optic for full 4kHDR
Epson Home Cinema 3800
Windows 10

Using swiftfin for ios for music and streaming until I can move back to android

Using MakeMkv and TinyMediaManager for media editing/metadata scraping

I like writing tutorials maybe I'll update mine and repost on these new forums

RE: The Introductions thread - AshipaEkO - 2023-07-04

Hi, I'm Ashipa

FOSS Enthusiast, and all round meddler in things I do not understand until i get a bare understanding.

Jellyfin User for 2+ years. Fully Remote Cloud Servers only (for various boring reasons).

I've run Jellyfin on Potato Servers

RE: The Introductions thread - He-who-is-tired - 2023-07-07

Thanks for setting up the forums. 

And thank you to all the devs who are working on all this, it is amazing and much appreciated!

RE: The Introductions thread - Nostromo - 2023-07-23

Hi all. I'm Chris.
First off, got to say, Jellyfin has absolutely changed the way I (and my users) view content online. It is, hands down, the best solution available.
Congratulations to everyone involved, what a superb triumph.

I've been running Jellyfin for about three months now. Installed on my Windows 10 box that primarily feeds my TV in the living room.
6TB storage, Nvidia card.
Hardware encoding enabled, custom branding (logos/name/favicon etc), custom css, live TV, book reader etc etc.
Plugins include bookshelf, subtitles,  playback reporting and the movie/TV DB's.

I have 10 users, myself family and friends.
They are a mix of TV's, mobile devices and cast devices.
I try to encourage users to play content through vlc if possible (trading off the transcoding is such a great feature).

I get saved content primarily from torrent(day).
For live TV, I have subscribed to a service that pumps out all globally available channels m3u style. I have set up the TV guide and given access for digital recordings (however, no one has used it yet, can't comment).

I'm currently at just over 500 Movies, 84 TV shows (over 3200 Episodes of various series) and over 50 books. Live TV has every channel on the planet available ( £10 a month, absolutely worth every penny).

My server is used daily by multiple users.
Never misses a beat. Always spot on.

Notifications of additions and requests are handled on a WhatsApp group.
I've set my two boys as admins, they both have vnc access to the server if I'm not available.
(I appreciate the 'not reinventing the wheel' stance on adding social media style functionality to Jellyfin, but it would make life easier on the request front. Yes, raddar and sonar, but I'm not keen).

Personally, I have chromecast's on each TV.
The mobile app is rock hard. Just love it.
Even on the fixed tablet in the car, it's brilliant (some trickery to set up - android auto by default will not play video, although there is a way around it. Was well worth it). I'm a big fan of subtitles, the .org plugin is so good.

Overall, yes, it's cost me somewhat in new hardware (gpu/ssd's), but I consider that well worth the investment. I could not be happier.
I really appreciate you all for your time and investment in this project. Every single user has commented on the quality and availability.  It's just superb.
Yes, I'm definitely a fan.

RE: The Introductions thread - bitmap - 2023-08-08

Hi folks! First off, thanks for putting together something to get us off of the other platform. I'm finally social media free, but was bummed because this community was one I spent countless hours browsing looking at the cool and weird things people would do and trying to help people solve problems. It has been probably 15+ years since I've engaged with an actual forum, so this is going to take some getting used to...

I've been using Jellyfin for 3-4 years, switched from Plex early on as I was just getting into self-hosting a bunch of different things on a Raspberry Pi. My current setup is a two server shelf in my office, but my media server is a custom i7-13700k w/ 64 GB DDR4, 16 TB onboard storage, that I built over time as I could afford the parts. I just pulled together some money to pick up an Arc A380 that I'm really excited to put to the test! The other server is a SFF OptiPlex running various additional micro-services and acting as a home-rolled NAS: 2x 4TB, 6 TB, 10 TB, 14 TB. As you might've inferred, everything runs via Docker (docker-compose, specifically) as that has been a lifesaver for me in a number of ways. It saves time and energy and after an initial investment in learning, the payoff is huge.

With that A380 coming, I'm staring down the barrel of shifting from Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (with a non-standard 6.0.19 kernel) to something with kernel 6.2+ for better support, which I'm guessing will mean a pretty full reset. Not super excited about that, but it'll be a test of what I've learned over the last year. Any tips for that kind of quantum leap, let me know...

RE: The Introductions thread - premalone - 2023-08-09

Hello All,

Big fan of jellyfin, thankyou for creating such an amazing software <3 , moved from plex the experience has been flawless up until now, i primarily use it on my appletv and ipad, ipad version of the app(swiftfin) works like a charm so did the tvOS version till yesterday, the audio sync issue is bugging me, there is a delay 800ms or 1 sec  Slightly-frowning-face.

Troubleshooting/ configuration:
1) Running on Mac mini M2, hardware acceleration is on tried turning off same issue.
2) working perfectly on my Mac book Air, Ipad, Ios.
3) uninstalled and reinstalled the app (tvOS), same.
4) Tried with different format of videos same issue.
5) turned on the native player, under experimental features, there is no dealy works perfecty, but no subtitles Slightly-frowning-face

My apologies if this is not the right thread to ask this

RE: The Introductions thread - TheDreadPirate - 2023-08-09

(2023-08-09, 06:34 PM)premalone Wrote: Hello All,

Big fan of jellyfin, thankyou for creating such an amazing software <3 , moved from plex the experience has been flawless up until now, i primarily use it on my appletv and ipad, ipad version of the app(swiftfin) works like a charm so did the tvOS version till yesterday, the audio sync issue is bugging me, there is a delay 800ms or 1 sec  Slightly-frowning-face.

Troubleshooting/ configuration:
1) Running on Mac mini M2, hardware acceleration is on tried turning off same issue.
2) working perfectly on my Mac book Air, Ipad, Ios.
3) uninstalled and reinstalled the app (tvOS), same.
4) Tried with different format of videos same issue.
5) turned on the native player, under experimental features, there is no dealy works perfecty, but no subtitles Slightly-frowning-face

My apologies if this is not the right thread to ask this

Start a separate thread.

RE: The Introductions thread - bumpassaurus - 2023-08-10

Hello...

I'm a transplant from r-eddit original forms.  It's a shame it has come down to migrating to a different platform, but I'm very glad the effort has continued here..

I'm a work-in-progress when it come to Jellyfin and all it's potential.  There is a wealth of knowledge I hope to absorb..  Slow and steady is my pace so I'll be watching from the sidelines mostly -  but hope to pass along my knowledge when I can.

Let the fin-begin!!

Regards... 

b. saurus

RE: The Introductions thread - magu2k - 2023-08-15

Hi I'm magu2k, I like cheese.

I am currently running Jellyfin on a windows install that was actually a VM host for testing. Currently in the process of deploying Jellyfin on an actual VM with fresh windows install and getting hardware passthrough working for a GPU, to replace the original install.

RE: The Introductions thread - WuZiMu - 2023-08-17

Good day everyone, I am new to Jellyfin, about to install, just wanted to drop in to say hi!!