Jellyfin Forum
New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-announcements)
+--- Forum: Project Announcements (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-project-announcements)
+--- Thread: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 (/t-new-jellyfin-server-web-release-10-9-0)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Black-Angel - 2024-05-12

Hi, I can't find a jellyfin update from 10.8.13 to 10.9 on Linux Ubuntu 24.04 LTS. Is there anything special to consider or is it just coming later?

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - KodiUser1138 - 2024-05-12

I've noticed an issue with my collections. On some collections, people added do not show up. Example I have a Steven Spielberg collection and all the films, TV shows, albums etc. that have been added to the collection show up properly, but the person entry for Steven himself no longer does. His name is still listed in the collection file though.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - baxtr - 2024-05-12

Thanks for all your team does.  I did notice that the "Jellyfin.Windows.Tray.exe" requires .NET 4.8.1 now.   
I run this on an old system using WHS 2011, don't laugh,  if it ain't broke, don't fix it   Smiling-face-with-sunglasses     I can still get things running by starting the console, but it was nice to have the visible tray icon with autostart/start/stop etc..  

Unfortunately, 4.8.1 won't install unless someone knows a work around.  

Cheers on the new release!

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - JackShaftoe - 2024-05-12

(2024-05-12, 07:00 PM)Patrick1945 Wrote: My Windows installation does start up, but my admin dashboard only contains a very small part of the visible dashboard that can be seen when scrolling, the rest of the screen remains blank.

Same issue here.  Thanks for sharing screenshots, mine looks a little different.  Cleared cache, CTRL+F5, restarted JF, no change - can't pull up any of my admin dashboard pages, except Library > Display,Metadata,NFO. Just those 3, the rest are blank with just a back button.  I'm using BBergle's docker image on UnRaid.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Marcelo Linhares - 2024-05-13

So sad.
Downloaded 10.9.0 dmg package for my macos Catalina. When it starts a message says it is not compatible with Catalina.

But if I uncompress the tar installer and run directly via shell it works fine.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - AgentHarm - 2024-05-13

Going to miss the EasyPassword PIN access, was great for a shared TV where everyone had their own account, while keeping external access secure with lengthy passwords.

May have to spin up an older version of Jellyfin 10.8.13 from a backup, as apparently you can't downgrade.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - Host-in-the-Shell - 2024-05-13

Bit late to the party, but congrats on the release... it was huge! So far it's been running without any issues on my server, even upgraded to 10.9.1 and all is fine. A big thank you to the entire team for all this work.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - SabinVI - 2024-05-14

(2024-05-13, 05:57 AM)AgentHarm Wrote: Going to miss the EasyPassword PIN access, was great for a shared TV where everyone had their own account, while keeping external access secure with lengthy passwords.

May have to spin up an older version of Jellyfin 10.8.13 from a backup, as apparently you can't downgrade.

On our shared TVs in the house, users only have to enter their passwords once and then never again as long as they are on the local network. You could use it this way?

Although if you have kids or some restricted libraries or something then i guess that wouldn't work either.

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - xiaoyu2006 - 2024-05-14

Cheers! Thanks for all the hard work devs!

RE: New Jellyfin Server/Web release: 10.9.0 - enesha - 2024-05-14

Brills!

Keep up the good workSmiling-face