Jellyfin Forum
Smarter way to use age control? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Smarter way to use age control? (/t-smarter-way-to-use-age-control)

Smarter way to use age control? - 34626 - 2023-09-24

Having family members having access to my Jellyfin server and just started testing out age control of media in the libraries.
But, it takes a good long time to adjust all, especially because the age control is based on another contry, so often i have to set a user defined age.. Its a lot of clicking, scrolling and accepting, so i was wondering if theres a smarter method doing this in large scale?
It would be nice if i could select multiple movies and set an age on them, but also being able to filter those i havent set a user defined age on, just to be sure to set everything properly..

I was also thinking of the .nfo the movies can put on the disk, if that would be a better method, but maby also better ensure the metadata of the movies?

Looking forward for your always great feedback Smiling-face

RE: Smarter way to use age control? - TheDreadPirate - 2023-09-24

Age restriction is problematic in the current version.

The way I handle my kid's library is to create a folder and point a separate library to it. I then populate that library with symlinks to approved content.

Code:
drwxrwx---  2 chris jellyfin 4096 Aug  7 00:42  ./
drwxrwxrwx 16 root  root     4096 Sep 14 18:49  ../
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   27 Aug  7 00:28 'Adventure Time' -> '../TV Shows/Adventure Time/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   38 Aug  7 00:29 'Avatar The Last Airbender' -> '../TV Shows/Avatar The Last Airbender/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   47 Jul 30 23:11 'Children Who Chase Lost Voices' -> '../Anime Movies/Children Who Chase Lost Voices/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   25 Aug  7 00:30 'Cosmos (1980)' -> '../TV Shows/Cosmos(1980)/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   51 Aug  7 00:30 'Cosmos A Spacetime Odyssey' -> '../../extended/TV Shows/Cosmos A Spacetime Odyssey/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   31 Jul 10 20:25  Ex-Driver -> /media/library/Anime/Ex-Driver//
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   24 Jul 10 20:33 'Haibane Renmei' -> '../Anime/Haibane Renmei/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   28 Aug  7 00:27  Naruto -> ../../extended/Anime/Naruto//
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   23 Jul 10 20:32 'Princess Tutu' -> '../Anime/Princess Tutu/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   21 Jul 10 20:32 'Sailor Moon' -> '../Anime/Sailor Moon/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   17 Jul 10 20:32  Slayers -> ../Anime/Slayers//
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   22 Jul 10 20:32 'Slayers Next' -> '../Anime/Slayers Next/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   21 Jul 10 20:32 'Slayers Try' -> '../Anime/Slayers Try/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   32 Aug  7 00:29 'The Legend of Korra' -> '../TV Shows/The Legend of Korra/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   29 Jul 10 20:31 'The Mysterious Play' -> '../Anime/The Mysterious Play/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   37 Jul 10 20:31 'The Mysterious Play Eikoden' -> '../Anime/The Mysterious Play Eikoden/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   33 Jul 10 20:31 'The Mysterious Play OAV' -> '../Anime/The Mysterious Play OAV/'/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 chris jellyfin   36 Jul 10 20:31 'The Mysterious Play OAV II' -> '../Anime/The Mysterious Play OAV II/'/