Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: JellyCon - Search in Kodi always returns "No results found" - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: JellyCon - Search in Kodi always returns "No results found" (/t-solved-jellycon-search-in-kodi-always-returns-no-results-found)

JellyCon - Search in Kodi always returns "No results found" - saviar - 2023-09-30

Hi everyone,

I've just installed Kodi and the JellyCon add-on. Everything works fine except the Search function. I cannot search for any movie, i.e. the results is always "No results found", as shown in the screenshot below.

[Image: oyR27Ka.png] 
  [img]https://i.imgur.com/oyR2
I've no problems browsing the Jellyfin libraries and collections and playing the movies themselves, and also the Filter function works well (e.g. when I typed "Spider" in to the Filter box, all Spider-Man movies are returned), so I don't understand why the Search function is not working.

I've tried on both Windows and my Shield TV Pro and both are having the same "No results found" issue.

I've also checked the Jellyfin logs at the time and there were no logs for the search events. There were only a couple of warnings as below which happened when I browsed the movie list. I don't think they are relevant but I included them below anyway.

Could someone please shed some lights on how I can troubleshoot the issue further.

Code:
[2023-09-30 00:27:29.208 +10:00] [WRN] [243] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path "/media/movies/Mission Impossible Fallout (2018)/Mission Impossible Fallout (2018) - [Remux-1080p][TrueHD Atmos 7.1][AVC].mkv"
[2023-09-30 00:27:29.208 +10:00] [WRN] [243] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path "/media/movies/Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (2011)/Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol (2011) - [Remux-2160p][HDR10][TrueHD 7.1][HEVC].mkv"
[2023-09-30 00:27:29.208 +10:00] [WRN] [243] MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path "/media/movies/Mission Impossible III (2006)/Mission Impossible III (2006) - [Bluray-1080p][TrueHD 5.1][x264].mkv"

RE: JellyCon - Search in Kodi always returns "No results found" - mcarlton00 - 2023-09-30

That search button is from Kodi itself, and I believe it only searches Kodi's internal database.  As JellyCon doesn't modify the database, it can't find any results.  However if you go to Add-Ons -> JellyCon -> Add-on Actions -> Search you're able to search the server for specific item types.  Admittedly this is a pretty dumb place for the search to be instead of next to the media itself, but I've genuinely never used the feature until just now when I tested it for this and haven't thought about it.

The log messages from the server are indeed unrelated.  That generally happens when you've replaced or moved a file and the JF database hasn't been cleaned up yet.  They're harmless.

RE: JellyCon - Search in Kodi always returns "No results found" - saviar - 2023-09-30

(2023-09-30, 12:21 PM)mcarlton00 Wrote: That search button is from Kodi itself, and I believe it only searches Kodi's internal database.  As JellyCon doesn't modify the database, it can't find any results.  However if you go to Add-Ons -> JellyCon -> Add-on Actions -> Search you're able to search the server for specific item types.  Admittedly this is a pretty dumb place for the search to be instead of next to the media itself, but I've genuinely never used the feature until just now when I tested it for this and haven't thought about it.

The log messages from the server are indeed unrelated.  That generally happens when you've replaced or moved a file and the JF database hasn't been cleaned up yet.  They're harmless.
Many thanks for the response. You've completedly resolved the mystery for me and it totally made sense to me now. And yes, the search place for JellyCon is a bit unexpected to me and it'd be nice to be a little bit more intuitive imho, but at least I know where to find it and it's working for me now! 

Also thanks for the explanation about the logs, it's good to know it's unrelated and not a serious problem.