Jellyfin Forum
Renamed and moved media are not refreshed - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+---- Forum: Media Scanning & Identification (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-media-scanning-identification)
+---- Thread: Renamed and moved media are not refreshed (/t-renamed-and-moved-media-are-not-refreshed)

Renamed and moved media are not refreshed - Yusseiin - 2023-10-18

Hello everyone, and I apologize for my poor English.
I have a library of 2500 films organized into "year folders" like this:
Film 
------ Film name A 
------ Film name B
------ Film name C
I have scanned my entire library, and for some films, Jellyfin cannot find the metadata because the film name was misspelled. I have renamed them, and for some, I have moved them to the correct folder (for example, from 2000 to 2001).
I then went to Jellyfin and initiated a manual library scan, but it won't refresh the name or the position; it keeps pointing to the old one. I have tried various types of scans and even rebooted the server, but nothing has changed.
Is there a log where I can check why it's behaving this way? Can someone help me with this issue? I still have around 20 to 25 films to fix, but I don't want to make things worse.
Thanks all.

RE: Renamed and moved media are not refreshed - TheDreadPirate - 2023-10-18

(2023-10-18, 05:02 AM)Yusseiin Wrote: I have tried various types of scans and even rebooted the server, but nothing has changed.

I'm assuming you also did the "replace all metadata" type of scan.

Is your library pointed to "Films" or are there separate libraries for each year?

RE: Renamed and moved media are not refreshed - Yusseiin - 2023-10-18

l
(2023-10-18, 12:53 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote:
(2023-10-18, 05:02 AM)Yusseiin Wrote: I have tried various types of scans and even rebooted the server, but nothing has changed.

I'm assuming you also did the "replace all metadata" type of scan.

Is your library pointed to "Films" or are there separate libraries for each year?
i have done the "replace all" but nothing changes.

is pointed to films

(2023-10-18, 02:45 PM)Yusseiin Wrote: is pointed to films

This is problematic.  Nested folders will definitely lead to a lot of misidentification and scanning issues.  Jellyfin expects all of the movie folders to be at the top level of the folder your library is pointed at.

I don't know what an acceptable solution for you would be.

The best solution, from the perspective of making Jellyfin happy, is to move all of your movie folders out of these year folders directly into the "Film" folder.  Easy to do.  Not easy to undo if decide to go back to this year folder organization.

You could also make separate libraries for each year, but that would clutter the UI and make movies hard to find.

If you are committed to using Jellyfin, you might need to get over having your files organized this way.  At the end of the day, you are using Jellyfin's interface and won't be interacting with the files.  I fought with this myself when I first started using Plex, and now Jellyfin.  But decided to just make Plex/Jellyfin happy and organize and name my files in a way that makes auto-identification more likely.  Since I watch all my media through Jellyfin now.

RE: Renamed and moved media are not refreshed - Yusseiin - 2023-10-18

(2023-10-18, 03:00 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote:
(2023-10-18, 02:45 PM)Yusseiin Wrote: is pointed to films

This is problematic.  Nested folders will definitely lead to a lot of misidentification and scanning issues.  Jellyfin expects all of the movie folders to be at the top level of the folder your library is pointed at.

Thats not seems my case.
 I have 2500+ film in that folder nested in the different years.
50 of 2500 were having the name mispelled.
If i rename them everything works fine and they get refreshed with the correct metadata.
If i moved them they explode and jellyfin is not able to refresh them anymore leaving the old ones...

I understand that we need to make Plex/Jelly happy, but Plex was happy with this library and was working flawless... Jelly i am not able to understand what it needs but 1 single enormous folder is not an option for me.

I will try to pass single years folder instead of the "films" one and make some test. I will write back.

Plex definitely has a much more flexible parser than Jellyfin. I'm just stating what Jellyfin expects and prefers.

RE: Renamed and moved media are not refreshed - Yusseiin - 2023-10-19

In the end if someone has the same problem it was caused by a title with "à" character inside.
"[ERR] Error retrieving children folder
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Can't find item path.
File name: '/Film/2016/The Belko Experiment - Chi sopravviver� (2016).1080p.mp4'"
After fixing the name everything started to work again even pointing directly "Film"