Jellyfin Forum
Back to Home Page - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Back to Home Page (/t-back-to-home-page)

Back to Home Page - Laborious3460 - 2023-10-20

I use a firestick with Jellyfin, my issue is that when I am several episodes in the only way to get back to the home screen is by pressing back many times, stepping back through what I have already watched.

Plex has the option to go directly to the home screen, am I missing something?

Thx
RE Weary-face

RE: Back to Home Page - Deleted User - 2023-10-20

are you using the Queue all subsequent episodes option?

if yes and it's making you back out of all the played episodes i would think bug

if no and you are selecting each episode manually, try using it instead

RE: Back to Home Page - Deleted User - 2023-10-20

i had a chance to check this behavior

when using 'Queue all subsequent episodes' it asks to play the next episode at the end of the last

if you say yes it plays, if you say no it takes you back to the show

there is no need to back out of all the episodes that were played in the meantime between starting and stopping

use this option instead of manually selecting episodes and your experience will improve

RE: Back to Home Page - Sray - 2023-10-27

I too have this same issue on my Firesticks. Not sure if this a problem only with Firesticks or also with other media players but I am surprised that this is not brought up more.

The issue is not going back to the Show page, although that too could be improved as well, but instead going back to the Jellyfin Home Page. If I were to watch 10 episodes of a show in a row, whether I use 'Queue all subsequent episodes' or not, in order to go back to the Jellyfin Home Page I have to hit the back button on my remote at least (other factors could increase this) 10 times to get there.

This is a HUGE inconvenience and a PITA. AND a fairly easy fix. Just put a "Home Page" option under the "Other Options" button. BUT this would require that the "Other Options" button be available on all Show/Episode pages, which it currently is not. On some pages the "Other Options" button is replaced with a "Go To Show" button, which is very useful but I think the "Other Options" button should also be present. Honestly I think the "Shuffle All" button could go under the "Other Options" button making room for both the "Go To Show" and the "Other Options" buttons. Personally I have NEVER used the shuffle button. It may be a nice feature for some but I do not see it being something that needs a permanent button on the Show/Episode pages.

Although I have tried to find this feature now for years, I will admit that I sometimes cannot see something that is right in front of me. LOL. If I have missed this feature I would appreciate it if someone could point it out.

Thanks

RE: Back to Home Page - Deleted User - 2023-10-27

i don't know what users are doing wrong but i am on a FireTV Cube and this issue is not present

my recommendation is based on my own use, it will binge watch episodes but when i exit i am back at the show
- one more back i am at tv shows
- one more than that i am at the home screen

what i select is Shows from the home, select the show i want then select play next episode

RE: Back to Home Page - Sray - 2023-11-01

Well maybe the FireTV Cube is different from the Fire TV Stick 4K Max. Normally I watch shows that on the Jellyfin Home page. I only go to Shows when I am starting a new show. After that I either pick up where I left off in an episode or I start the next episode from the Home page. If I binge watch the show from the Home page, I will have to back out many times to get back to the Home page, depending how many episodes I watch in a row.

Thanks for the input. I am beginning to think that this must be a Fire TV Stick 4K Max issue.