Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game (/t-solved-need-to-stretch-or-zoom-screen-to-hide-bottom-spoilers-of-my-ball-game)

need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - electricghost - 2023-10-22

Hello. I have a problem. I'm trying to really get into my sports  on my favorite tracker. But alot of the time theres rolling game information on the buttom of the screen that spoils the other games that i want to watch. Now both Plex and Jellyfin both have the option to stretch and zoom screen in the options on the bottom part of the now playing screen. But the problem is it doesn't work on either platform. And yes i know I can't get feedback here about Plex. Please Please????? Help??

RE: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - bitmap - 2023-10-23

Have you checked your TV/display settings? The player might be fighting the display for control of ratio/zoom. This is generally a display setting for TVs and it'll try to automatically detect and upscale/downscale/resize regardless of input...

RE: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - electricghost - 2023-10-23

well i've found the settings in my TV. 2160p60hz disables the options too change all that stuff like zoom ect ect. But I can change the display settings on my fire tv cube too 1080p60hz. With that a can change tv display settings, but when I zoom screen on my TV the ball game looks absolutely horrible. So I don't mind always fooling around with TV and Fire cube settings. Should I even try calibrating the cube or TV or whatever to chop off the picture by an inch on the bottom????

RE: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - bitmap - 2023-10-23

You could try for overscan to see if that'll work, but zooming in on any video is going to degrade the image pretty significantly. I'm not aware of any settings in any Jellyfin client, nor on a TV that allow for cropping the bottom of a stream.

RE: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - Deleted User - 2023-10-23

you could also go low tech and physically cover the bottom of your screen with a curtain or some such so you don't see spoilers

RE: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - electricghost - 2023-10-23

(2023-10-23, 06:41 PM)000 Wrote: you could also go low tech and physically cover the bottom of your screen with a curtain or some such so you don't see spoilers

I used to do that alot when it was game time. thanks for the reminder, I have just found some post its  Smiling-face

(2023-10-23, 06:28 PM)bitmap Wrote: You could try for overscan to see if that'll work, but zooming in on any video is going to degrade the image pretty significantly. I'm not aware of any settings in any Jellyfin client, nor on a TV that allow for cropping the bottom of a stream.

What is overscan? And how do I do it??  Index-pointing-up Face-with-monocle

RE: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - bitmap - 2023-10-24

Overscan allows you to set the theoretical boundaries of your screen past where they actually exist. Similar to zoom, however the image generally isn't processed and you have MUCH more control over the level of zoom because you're essentially telling the client that your TV is larger than it is. Definitely not common to see this as an option on the display, though not impossible either. You'd have to check if your client supports it or if the display allows you to adjust overscan by input.

RE: need to stretch or zoom screen to hide bottom spoilers of my ball game - electricghost - 2023-10-25

So the guy at the electronics store told me none of the new TV's or the fire tv Cube 3rd gen nor the nvidia shield support the overscan ability.