Jellyfin Forum
The Introductions thread - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-off-topic)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-discussion)
+--- Thread: The Introductions thread (/t-the-introductions-thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

The Introductions thread - joshuaboniface - 2023-06-15

Welcome to the Introductions thread!

I'm Joshua, project leader and release manager of Jellyfin.

I use Jellyfin mostly for videos (TV + Movies) and music, with a bit of YouTube on the side. I run it on Debian native, inside a VM, with a 238TB (1/2 usable) CephFS as the backing storage and NGiNX as the frontend proxy.

What's your story and setup?

RE: The Introductions thread - Venson - 2023-06-15

Raised-handhello everyone, i am Venson, new community moderator. Biohazard

I use Jellyfin for Movies and Series. I run a more complicated setup with the Jellyfin Server running on docker within WSL2 within HyperV within Windows 11 with hardware acceleration by means of an RTXA2000. For storage I use a flashed QNAP 8Bay nas running TrueNas Scale with 8x10TB HDD RAIDZ2 + 2x2TB NVME Cache.

RE: The Introductions thread - 1hitsong - 2023-06-15

I'm 1hitsong. I help program and maintain the Roku client.

I run JF on a Windows 11 machine. I installed it by running the exe, no docker or any other things. 🤷

All my media is on a 4Tb SSD and I do no remote access. So... about as basic as you can get.

RE: The Introductions thread - EZFrag - 2023-06-16

Hi, my name is Steve.  I recently built a rig for NAS/Jellyfin.  I have an AMD Ryzen 5 that runs with at 4 Ghz, 32 gigs of ram, windows 11.  I have an SSD for the OS. I started my library on a 14 gb hdd.  I'm glad I found this forum, I do have questions that i will be asking in the other areas.  Love my jellyfin.  Thanks,.

RE: The Introductions thread - thornbill - 2023-06-18

Hi all, I’m Bill (or thornbill most places online). I’m a member of Jellyfin’s core team. I’ve been around since Jellyfin was first announced on Reddit. At one point or another I have worked on most of the client apps for Jellyfin. Lately I’ve been primarily focused on the web client.

My server is an i5 nuc that is a few years old at this point. I run docker on Ubuntu server with caddy as a reverse proxy. Normally I run 2-3 instances of Jellyfin at a time tracking stable, unstable, and beta/RC releases. Storage is on a 2 bay Synology nas. Pretty basic compared to a lot of setups but it does the job. 🚀

RE: The Introductions thread - Beardyman - 2023-06-18

Hi all! My name is Martin, from the Netherlands.

I've been collecting movies/series since the days of XBMC on the original XBOX (yeah the old 720p one). Used to work in IT and have quite some experience with self hosting, networking, proxies and basically everything in that area...

Currently I run Jellyfin as a docker container, hosted on a Debian vm, on a Proxmox server, (Ryzen 7, 128gb ram). Backed by roughly 50 tb of usable space.

I was an active member on the reddit sub, was sad to see that go. But I'm happy you guys have made a space for yourself here!

Hope I can contribute on this forum Smiling-face

RE: The Introductions thread - biscuit - 2023-06-19

Good day, Biscuit here.

Running JF for a long time now, started on Windows and ended up on Docker, in a VM, on Proxmox. Someday if I ever do hardware acceleration I'll go to LXC or something but it's humming along quite well.

RE: The Introductions thread - Host-in-the-Shell - 2023-06-19

Hiya, I'm Host-in-the-Shell.

First of all, just wanted to express my happiness that Jellyfin has an official forum now, since I have no social media accounts and most of the discussion around the software seemed to happen in sites I had no desire to utilize.

Regarding my setup, I simply use an old laptop which runs Debian as the server. I've also attached a couple of external disks to expand the storage. I use Jellyfin primarily for movies, tv shows, music and books. Recently I bought an LG TV capable of 4k HDR and use the webos app to watch most of the content. Thanks to everybody involved with that port, by the way!

I also occasionally read books using the android app, and listen to music with the Finamp app on my phone, and Feishin client on my desktop.

Anyway, very excited to be here, folks. Cheers!

RE: The Introductions thread - Xanohel - 2023-06-19

Hi all, Xanohel here.

Came along from Reddit, running a Pi 4B with a software raid 5 disk set, with jellyfin in a docker container, no HW acceleration. I opted to purchase a media center that can handle anything by itself (Vero 4K+, running Kodi).

See you around!

RE: The Introductions thread - spikerguy - 2023-06-19

Hello All,

I am Furkan, oss enthusiast and Manjaro Arm device support maintainer.
I have been using JF since more than 2 years now on Arm devices over docker with nginx and lets-encrypt.
Device I have used: NanoPi Neo2 Plus, Hardkernel Odroid HC4 and now Beelink GSKing-X
HDD is 4TB.

These hardware was very good for my use case as I prefer watching at 720p to keep the storage low while these arm CPU's can handle 720p without hw decoder or transcoder.