Jellyfin Forum
DLNA Errors - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: DLNA Errors (/t-dlna-errors)

DLNA Errors - bialabs - 2023-10-30

System
latest Jellifyn on docker 
Debian

My jellyfin logs are filled whith this error, one every 60 seconds

Code:
[2023-10-30 14:19:15.662 +00:00] [ERR] [50] Emby.Dlna.Main.DlnaEntryPoint: Error sending socket message from "172.23.0.1" to "239.255.255.250:1900"
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (101): Network is unreachable
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.CreateException(SocketError error, Boolean forAsyncThrow)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.SendToAsync(Socket socket, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendToAsync(ReadOnlyMemory`1 buffer, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginSendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.SendToAsync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 bytes, IPEndPoint endPoint, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendFromSocket(ISocket socket, Byte[] messageData, IPEndPoint destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
  at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendFromSocket(ISocket socket, Byte[] messageData, IPEndPoint destination, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WhenAll(IEnumerable`1 tasks)
  at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendMessageIfSocketNotDisposed(Byte[] messageData, IPEndPoint destination, IPAddress fromLocalIpAddress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.SendMulticastMessage(String message, Int32 sendCount, IPAddress fromLocalIpAddress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1.AsyncStateMachineBox`1.MoveNext(Thread threadPoolThread)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.AwaitTaskContinuation.RunOrScheduleAction(IAsyncStateMachineBox box, Boolean allowInlining)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.RunContinuations(Object continuationObject)
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.DelayPromise.CompleteTimedOut()
  at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire(Boolean isThreadPool)
  at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
  at System.Threading.UnmanagedThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteUnmanagedThreadPoolWorkItem(IntPtr callback, IntPtr state)
  at System.Threading.UnmanagedThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteUnmanagedThreadPoolWorkItem(IntPtr callback, IntPtr state)
  at System.Threading.UnmanagedThreadPoolWorkItem.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.Execute()
  at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
  at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskToApm.End[TResult](IAsyncResult asyncResult)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.UdpSocket.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<SendToAsync>b__0(IAsyncResult callbackResult)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---

thoughts?

RE: DLNA Errors - bitmap - 2023-10-30

Where's that second IP coming from? It looks more like a subnet mask than an IP address, which could be the source of the issue. Also, if you don't use DLNA, you can disable it, which I did after my network was flooded with requests when I never used DLNA in the first place. From what TheDreadPirate has posted previously, DLNA is buggy in Jellyfin and pretty much garbage to begin with.

RE: DLNA Errors - TheDreadPirate - 2023-10-30

(2023-10-30, 03:54 PM)bitmap Wrote: Where's that second IP coming from?

That's a broadcasting address.  DLNA broadcasting its availablility for DLNA clients.

You need to open port 1900.  Most people only open port 8096.

If you don't use DLNA, turn off DLNA and those messages will stop.

RE: DLNA Errors - bialabs - 2023-10-30

1900/udp was already mapped for the container
I've mapped few days ago, seemed working but today reappeared

I use only DLNA "play to"

"Presence signal" is also enabled

RE: DLNA Errors - bialabs - 2023-10-30

PS: I'm behind a reverse proxy

RE: DLNA Errors - TheDreadPirate - 2023-10-30

The proxy shouldn't matter. What networking mode are you using?

RE: DLNA Errors - bialabs - 2023-11-03

i'm using host

RE: DLNA Errors - TheDreadPirate - 2023-11-03

Did you open port 1900 on the host OS?

RE: DLNA Errors - bialabs - 2023-11-03

was closed
opened it now and i'll update you if it works
thank you

RE: DLNA Errors - NBDev - 2023-11-04

(2023-10-30, 03:54 PM)bitmap Wrote: From what TheDreadPirate has posted previously, DLNA is buggy in Jellyfin and pretty much garbage to begin with.

So wait is UpNp/DLNA an after thought with Jellyfin? That's disappointing. I use a WiiM Mini connected to my amplifier and rely on that functionality to make the endpoint basically work. I installed Jellyfin this morning and tried playing an album and noticed after a couple songs, it would just stop. I also noticed that the playback controls vanish (web and mobile). Does the API at least allow me to control playback when playing on a media renderer such as the WiiM? The fact the default player just hides the controls makes me fear this isn't possible, otherwise I'm really confused why the devs would choose to hide the playback controls.

I had planned to develop my own desktop application for this, as starters. Now I'm scared that this project won't be a good fit Confused-face