Jellyfin Forum
Any why to not hide watched media - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Any why to not hide watched media (/t-any-why-to-not-hide-watched-media)

Any why to not hide watched media - Bennett Mewes - 2023-10-31

subject explains it

RE: Any why to not hide watched media - TheDreadPirate - 2023-10-31

Jellyfin already tracks what has been watched.  There's a filter to only show unwatched shows/movies.

RE: Any why to not hide watched media - SurplusGadgets - 2024-01-30

Maybe I am not getting it.  But I think the question is asking how to avoid filtering watched shows / movies.  That is, is there a way to show all items whether watched or not? That is definitely my question.

Using mainly a fire tv client. Have to check but think I also found the issue on the Roku as well.

I see the browser interface has the filters drop down which has all filters disabled by default. But do not see that on the Fire TV client.

RE: Any why to not hide watched media - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-30

What client are you using? Official Jellyfin clients, by default, show everything regardless of watch status.

Please make new posts instead of significantly editing your initial post.

The FireTV client is just the Android TV client. I have 4 Android TV clients and they all show my entire library regardless of watch status. I'm not at home to give specific instructions. IIRC, once you are in a library there are sort and filter options in the top right (very small icons).

Sorry about that (adding to the original post) Smiling-face Will search again but have not found the ability to change that yet on the streaming box clients I use.

If you can't find it, I will poke around my clients when I get home from work.

RE: Any why to not hide watched media - tmsrxzar - 2024-01-30

open a library, Movies f.e., up at the top there are little icons, arrow up to those and that's your filters

there are these icons: AZ, a checkmark with a slash through it, a heart, an 'abc' with an arrow over it, a gear and a user icon

the checkmark is for watched items

selected items show up in red

Found it.  Must be going blind. Sorry for the trouble.

See attached image.  The browser has that inverted triangle of lines (tapered hamburger?) with a dropdown with many selectable filters.  The FireTV (all Android) has a single, simple symbol of a "do not" circle over a checkmark. That symbol is either greyed out (off) or red (on). Toggled to filter showing already played movies or not.  No other filter options there but it does have that one. Thanks again.