Jellyfin Forum
Managing collections - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Managing collections (/t-managing-collections)

Pages: 1 2

Managing collections - dwf2008 - 2023-10-31

Hello, I’ve created a collection (007) to hold all my James Bond movies. If I choose the movies library I would like the collection to show as an available choice along with the other movies, but the movies in the collection to not be repeated outside of the collection. Can someone advise on how to do this? Supposedly there are settings related to the collection but I can’t find a way to them.

Also, the 007 movies are grouped together in a 007 folder on the server. Is there a way to automatically create this collection when the library is scanned?
Thanks
Btw - I am working from an ipad.

RE: Managing collections - TheDreadPirate - 2023-10-31

(2023-10-31, 07:28 AM)dwf2008 Wrote: Hello, I’ve created a collection (007) to hold all my James Bond movies. If I choose the movies library I would like the collection to show as an available choice along with the other movies, but the movies in the collection to not be repeated outside of the collection. Can someone advise on how to do this? Supposedly there are settings related to the collection but I can’t find a way to them.

Collections are displayed on the home screen alongside libraries.  No way to change that nor have Collections displayed within the library.  You could create a separate library just for your Bond films.

(2023-10-31, 07:28 AM)dwf2008 Wrote: Also, the 007 movies are grouped together in a 007 folder on the server. Is there a way to automatically create this collection when the library is scanned?
Thanks

Nesting folders is problematic and will often lead to misidentification.  Unless the library points to the 007 folder.

RE: Managing collections - bitmap - 2023-10-31

The TMDB box sets plugin will group collections automatically, there's also a setting to enable this behavior. But the advice above is correct and you'll likely have unexpected behaviors to content with if much of your media is nested in folders.

RE: Managing collections - frankmikalsen - 2024-01-25

I would also like to have the collections in 'Movies'.
And the movies in collections not visible in 'Movies'

Worked without problems in Emby when i tested it there.
Made the collections manually with the 'add to collection' in the menu.

Not possible at all in Jellyfin?

RE: Managing collections - Yankees4life - 2024-01-26

Go to Dashboard -> Libraries -> Display panel -> Check "Group movies in collections"

RE: Managing collections - frankmikalsen - 2024-01-26

Thank you very much Yankees4life

RE: Managing collections - nanouk76 - 2024-05-07

Hi all,
I'm facing a nagging issue with collections, on a 10.8.13 server running on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS server. In my film library I do not have "Automatically add to collection" checked but the TMDb Box Sets plugin is active. Works pretty well but... My problematic use case is the following. I want to have a collection of all the main Star Wars movies and a different collection for Star Wars movie fan edits. How am I to permanently separate the two since the movie fan edits consistently end up in the main Star Wars collection after a while? I am stumped.
Thanks in advance for any input.

RE: Managing collections - nanouk76 - 2024-05-14

(2024-05-07, 07:46 AM)nanouk76 Wrote: Hi all,
I'm facing a nagging issue with collections, on a 10.8.13 server running on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS server. In my film library I do not have "Automatically add to collection" checked but the TMDb Box Sets plugin is active. Works pretty well but... My problematic use case is the following. I want to have a collection of all the main Star Wars movies and a different collection for Star Wars movie fan edits. How am I to permanently separate the two since the movie fan edits consistently end up in the main Star Wars collection after a while? I am stumped.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi, I hope I am not being too much of a nuisance but I am upping this since I have not had a reply in over a week. I cannot be the only person with this problem...
Any help would be much appreciated.

RE: Managing collections - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-14

Do the collections have a "lock" you can set like you do for individual movies and shows in your library?

RE: Managing collections - nanouk76 - 2024-05-14

You mean a "lock this item to prevent future changes" in the "edit metada page"? Yes, they do. But checking the box has no effect it seems since the movie edits are invariably added back, sometimes in a matter of a few seconds. Scratching my head here... All the more strange since the TMdb Box set plugin is scheduled to run every 4 hours. Maddening