Jellyfin Forum
[SOVED] help with identifying extra content specials webisodes - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: [SOVED] help with identifying extra content specials webisodes (/t-soved-help-with-identifying-extra-content-specials-webisodes)

[SOVED] help with identifying extra content specials webisodes - Roo79x - 2023-11-04

I'm new to Jellyfin (I've have been using Plex)

I need help with what I'm getting wrong.

I have been having trouble getting jellyfin to correctly identify Battlestar Galactica webisodes/extra/special content.  Face of the Enemy, The Resistance and Razor Flashbacks. (Plex was getting it right until I started trying to get it right on Jellyfin). Now even Plex has it all messed up.

I have everything named as per TVDB SxxEyy- Show Name.
I referenced the Jellyfin show page. But no matter how I set the folder structure and naming of files Jellyfin does not seem to get the right information. Example all the Face of the Enemy are named Razor Flashbacks

I've tried so many different ways to name the shows and the folder structures that I don't know what to put here.

I even tried going into each of the extra shows Face of the Enemy, The Resistance and Razor Flashbacks and manually renaming and putting the correct IMDB and TVDB ids in the metadata. But even that did not work.

Can someone please put how they have the folder structure and shows named for Battlestar Galactica?
Put me out of my misery please.

I even asked on a few discord servers but everyone who replied said basically the same thing.. Jellyfin for some reason does not do well with extra content like this and they gave up trying to get it to work. Even though the documentation says it can.

Sorry this post is a mess. I've been trying to work this out for weeks now.
I have spent all day yesterday and I've been up all night trying to work this out.
My brain is fried and I need sleep. I am at a loss on how to get this to work correctly.
I'm not even sure I'm posting this in the right place.

RE: help with identifying extra content specials webisodes - Roo79x - 2023-11-04

Guess I asked in the wrong place.
Back to Plex is the solution seeing as no help here

RE: help with identifying extra content specials webisodes - TheDreadPirate - 2023-11-05

Friday nights and Saturdays are slow. We have lives.

What are the file names that you are having problems with? TMDB has these specials as "season 0" so you would need to name the files s00e01.mp4, etc.

RE: help with identifying extra content specials webisodes - elephantLYFE - 2023-11-07

I'm not familiar with BSG,
but to be clear, these specials are listed as special content in a Show entry on TVDB?
NOT as their own separate entry entirely?

After you check your ordering, S00E03, etc.
Check your display order? See if it matches?
Double check which DB metadata is pulling from? (TVDB vs TMDB)

For display order, I think ive had an issue with Kitchen Nightmares,
and it was pulling TMDB instead of TVDB,(despite that I had [TVDBID-XXXXX] appended)
but that is a different topic.

RE: help with identifying extra content specials webisodes - Roo79x - 2023-11-07

(2023-11-07, 05:47 AM)elephantLYFE Wrote: I'm not familiar with BSG,
but to be clear, these specials are listed as special content in a Show entry on TVDB?
NOT as their own separate entry entirely?

After you check your ordering, S00E03, etc.
Check your display order? See if it matches?
Double check which DB metadata is pulling from? (TVDB vs TMDB)

For display order, I think ive had an issue with Kitchen Nightmares,
and it was pulling TMDB instead of TVDB,(despite that I had [TVDBID-XXXXX] appended)
but that is a different topic.

I had everything named acording to https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/server/media/shows/. The ordering was correct as per TVDB and the scanner set to get info from TVDB 
I made sure over weeks to check and double triple check how the shows were named, ordered, folder structure. Nothing worked

I went back to plex and renamed everything the way their naming works also with the Plex TV Series agent, you can optionally include the TMDB or TVDB show ID in the folder name to improve matching  it must be inside curly braces: ShowName (2020) {tvdb-123456} or ShowName (2020) {tmdb-123456} where 123456 is the show ID. I got my friends to buy a plex pass and now with all the shows renamed the plex way and jellyfin removed from all our devices we can all watch together without weeks of headaches and frustration just to do simple things. I like the idea of jellyfin. Not how it works though. Everything is over complicated and tedious. Nothing but headaches from start to end. So my fix is to use emby or plex. As they actually work.