Jellyfin Forum
research trouble - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: research trouble (/t-research-trouble)

research trouble - Rincevan - 2023-11-08

Hi every body.

I think i have seen a thread about it but without a solution.

So my problem is: some movies does not appear  when you do a research with the magnifying glass tool. You can find it in by genre or crossing research by actors or director but not by the title.
I have tryed with the name of the file, the original title or the title, the resarch find nothing.
The problemes seems to appear on "exotic" movies. As an exemple the russian movie Fire as three names; original title : Огонь, title : Fire, name of the file: No Escape. No one lead to a result.
I precise that the movie is well recognized in the database ; open Movie or MovieDB.
It is not the only movie with this problem.

If you have any idea how to fix it !

thank you.

Sorry for my english !

RE: research trouble - abpjf - 2023-11-08

if you have your .nfo file in the same folder as the media, open it and check what the "<title>TITLE HERE</title>" tag says. That's what JF would look for. there might be a character in there that needs to be in your search. the Jellyfin search is very literal, for example, it won't find "Mission Impossible" movies because it actually wanted "Mission: Impossible" since that's how the title is indexed.

RE: research trouble - Rincevan - 2023-11-09

Thanks for your answer.
the nfo.file are not in the media folder i guess it is a folder in the root: /share/ZFS530_DATA/.qpkg/jellyfin/database/root/default/ ''media file'' In this case what is the best way to access the nfo file, SSH? is there a way to opene or edit the nfo file in JL ?

RE: research trouble - abpjf - 2023-11-09

unfortunately I don't know how or where to find the .nfo if you don't have it set to keep in the same folder (this is one reason I configured mine to be that way). however, when I answered your question, I also noticed that some of my titles were not appearing in search results either - then I noticed that the search results are limited to only showing maximum 24 items. if you have >24 titles that match your search term, then you will not see the rest. I don't know how Jellyfin decides which order to show results, I think it might be by Date Added, anyway if the title you are looking for is not within those parameters to make it to the list, you won't see it.

it seems only the desktop client and web browser have this issue, if you use a media streamer client like for Android, it will show all your matching results.

for example, I have 28 titles that will match a search for "blade" - but the one I'm looking for is the movie 'Blade' from 1998 with Wesley Snipes; on the desktop client it doesn't appear because it's not in the first 24 results. if I use the Android client, all 28 matches are shown and 'Blade' is the 26th result.

hope that helps!