Jellyfin Forum
Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) (/t-docker-suddenly-keeps-restarting-worked-previously)

Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) - ReaderGuy42 - 2023-11-08

My Jellyfin docker container went down yesterday and now won't stay up anymore. It was working perfectly for several weeks, but now there's some issue.

With "docker container ls" I can see that the container is there, but is never up for more than 10 seconds before I get something like "Restarting (133) 3 seconds ago".

I've removed the container and added it back again. I'm using docker run.

Any advice?

Thanks!

I ran "docker logs --tail 50 --follow --timestamps jellyfin" and this is the output

RE: Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) - TheDreadPirate - 2023-11-08

Can you share you entire Jellyfin log. Should be wherever the container path /config/logs is located.

My guess is that when Jellyfin went down the DB was borked.

RE: Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) - ReaderGuy42 - 2023-11-08

[attachment=1048]
(2023-11-08, 12:34 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Can you share you entire Jellyfin log.  Should be wherever the container path /config/logs is located.

My guess is that when Jellyfin went down the DB was borked.

OK, sure, I'll attach them.

This is the log from today. I doubt the juicy bit is here because today I just reinstalled it and it still wasn't working.

Here is the log from yesterday, which is when it broke. I had to break it up into several files because of the attachment limits:

Anything jump out?

Thanks!!

RE: Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) - BobHasNoSoul - 2023-11-08

okay so please confirm the following because you have i/o errors in your log that are quite strange

you have a valid database file and make sure you have enough room on your drive and the permissions are correct.

df -h may help you if you are on linux in seeing if you have low space on your drives.. if you are using your standard root drive look for the / option that is there.

if there is a space issue fix it by deleting some things and maybe truncating your logs if they are big or removing temp files / old downloads.

if there is a permission issue make sure you have chmod and chowned the item correctly for the user docker / jellyfin depending on your setup.. hang on... you might be able to make it work by just adding the uid and gid into your docker run for the root user (not that you should do that, but you could.. just saying) and that should sort the permissions issue out if that is it.

RE: Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) - TheDreadPirate - 2023-11-08

Code:
Full: SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: database or disk is full

What Bob said. Check that the disk your docker configs are on isn't full.

RE: Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) - ReaderGuy42 - 2023-11-08

Yup lmao, that was it. I had overloaded the disk. The Raspberry Pi still seems to have worked fine, but Jellyfin couldn't handle it. Deleted some stuff, now it's fine again. Thanks!!

RE: Docker suddenly keeps restarting (worked previously) - BobHasNoSoul - 2023-11-08

no worries glad we could help