Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Why is one season missing its folder? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Why is one season missing its folder? (/t-solved-why-is-one-season-missing-its-folder)

Pages: 1 2

Why is one season missing its folder? - bigggtuna - 2023-06-29

I'm organizing The Seven Deadly Sins anime and for some reason it just won't show season 3's folder. The folder on the drive is set up according to the recommended naming conventions exactly:
Shows
├── The Seven Deadly Sins (2011) [tvdbid- 84131]
│  ├── Season 01
│  │  ├── Episode Name S01E01.mkv
│  │  └── Episode Name S01E02.mkv
│  ├── Season 02
│  │  ├── Episode Name S02E01.mkv
│  │  └── Episode Name S02E02.mkv
│  ├── Season 03
│  │  ├── Episode Name S03E01.mkv
│  │  └── Episode Name S03E02.mkv
│  ├── Season 04
│  │  ├── Episode Name S04E01.mkv
│  │  └── Episode Name S04E02.mkv
and the episodes are organized how they are on tvdb.

But on Jellyfin it only shows folders for seasons 1, 2, and 4. It puts season 3 episodes in the season 2 folder after the real season 2 episodes. It labels all episodes correctly, even season 3, with the correct title, description, season and episode number. Has this happened to anyone else this show? Another show?

RE: Why is one season missing its folder? - skribe - 2023-06-29

My intuition is that you just need to carefully double-check that the naming and organization matches your metadata source, and that the source you believe you're using is, in fact, the source selected for that particular library. If everything you've said here is correct, nothing leaps out at me as wrong. But the problem you're describing is simply a problem of naming, organization, and metadata sourcing 9 times out of 10. So carefully check all of it again.

RE: Why is one season missing its folder? - bigggtuna - 2023-06-29

I just checked it all again for the dozenth time and it is correct. A folder called season 3 with the correct episodes labaled S03E0X which matches the entry on tvdb with the correct ID.

RE: Why is one season missing its folder? - TheDreadPirate - 2023-06-29

File/folder permissions?

(2023-06-29, 10:42 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: File/folder permissions?

I don't know that that makes any sense, it has access to the episodes and the folder they're in just fine as it detects and indexes metadata for them correctly. It just doesn't put them in their own folder on Jellyfin, it puts them in the season 2 folder.

RE: Why is one season missing its folder? - TheDreadPirate - 2023-06-29

Have you tried using a different metadata source. I see you have the TV DB ID there. Use the "Identify" option and use the ID from one of the other databases. I've had a couple shows not get organized correctly when using one database, but using the ID from another worked? I can't explain it. I've also had to manually set the season and episode numbers in a couple cases when the DVD releases and original TV releases didn't line up.

RE: Why is one season missing its folder? - skribe - 2023-06-29

(2023-06-29, 10:39 PM)bigggtuna Wrote: I just checked it all again for the dozenth time and it is correct. A folder called season 3 with the correct episodes labaled S03E0X which matches the entry on tvdb with the correct ID.

And what about the metadata sources configured for the library in question? Can you share those please? You can find and configure them by selecting "manage library" from context menu for the library in question under the libraries section of your server dashboard.

RE: Why is one season missing its folder? - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2023-06-29

I have had this happen to me randomly, even despite not having any metadata sources set for seasons or the videos themselves in general.

What I have done to fix it is make a copy of the incorrect season or video, then delete those affected videos off of the server. After that, I run a scan of the whole show/series. Once that scan is done, I re-add the saved copy back to the season or video folder location from where it was deleted. Then I rescan the show again and somehow this process fixes the issue for me. This has worked for me in the past.

(2023-06-29, 11:05 PM)skribe Wrote:
(2023-06-29, 10:39 PM)bigggtuna Wrote: I just checked it all again for the dozenth time and it is correct. A folder called season 3 with the correct episodes labaled S03E0X which matches the entry on tvdb with the correct ID.

And what about the metadata sources configured for the library in question? Can you share those please? You can find and configure them by selecting "manage library" from context menu for the library in question under the libraries section of your server dashboard.

The sources are
TV Shows - TheMovieDb, The Open Movie Database
Seasons - TheMovieDb
Episodes - TheMovieDb, The Open Movie Database

How can I add tvdb? I dont see an option anywhere to add a source. Regardless, TheMovieDb has the same episode setup as th tvdb, and this has been ocurring long before I added the tvdb ID to the folder name.

(2023-06-29, 11:23 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: I have had this happen to me randomly, even despite not having any metadata sources set for seasons or the videos themselves in general.

What I have done to fix it is make a copy of the incorrect season or video, then delete those affected videos off of the server. After that, I run a scan of the whole show/series. Once that scan is done, I re-add the saved copy back to the season or video folder location from where it was deleted. Then I rescan the show again and somehow this process fixes the issue for me. This has worked for me in the past.

This fixed it, thank you!