Jellyfin Forum
Multi-Part Episode Naming Not Working - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Multi-Part Episode Naming Not Working (/t-multi-part-episode-naming-not-working)

Multi-Part Episode Naming Not Working - Sierra - 2023-11-11

I've had Plex for over a year and have the proper naming conventions in all my media.
With the naming of "S01E01E02", that episode shows as "1-2. Episode Name of First Episode".
I can rename that episode to include both titles but it would be a pain to do that for every single two part episode.

I've also tried "S01E01-E02" but that won't work either. Same for S01E01-02".

According to this it should be working.

Stargate Atlantis displays as "1-2. Rising (1)". I've since renamed it to Rising (Part 1 & 2) But there's got to be a better way right?

Plex shows this single episode as 2 within its UI. Does Jellyfin not do this? Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated!

RE: Multi-Part Episode Naming Not Working - TheDreadPirate - 2023-11-11

What you are describing is the expected behavior in Jellyfin.  A two episode file showing up as one in the Jellyfin UI.

RE: Multi-Part Episode Naming Not Working - Sierra - 2023-11-11

So best thing for me to do is rename each episode to include (Part 1 & 2) to each and every two part episode?

RE: Multi-Part Episode Naming Not Working - abpjf - 2023-11-12

if it really bugs you (I personally flip-flop on this myself), you can split the file manually with any number of tools; essentially break it up yourself into their "separate" (according to indexers like TVDB at least) episodes. but otherwise, yeah, it's just annoying to look it even if you know yourself that it's a multi-part 'episode' that JF only shows as the 'first' episode of that multi-parter.

RE: Multi-Part Episode Naming Not Working - thornbill - 2023-11-13

Metadata providers can include multiple episode titles for combined files, but I think TVDB is the only plugin that currently does unfortunately.

RE: Multi-Part Episode Naming Not Working - boimouse - 2024-08-11

(2023-11-12, 03:30 AM)abpjf Wrote: if it really bugs you (I personally flip-flop on this myself), you can split the file manually with any number of tools; essentially break it up yourself into their "separate" (according to indexers like TVDB at least) episodes. but otherwise, yeah, it's just annoying to look it even if you know yourself that it's a multi-part 'episode' that JF only shows as the 'first' episode of that multi-parter.

I'm running Jellyfin Server 1.9.9 and I found that naming an episode file like this > TV Show Name - S01E01-02 < will actually cause Jellyfin to find the episode name of both parts and then it will list both episode titles with a "/" to separate them in while browsing. This is even true for episode that have more than 2 parts. I have one that includes 3 parts and I named it like this > TV Show Name - S01E28-30 < and the new title while browsing included all three names separated by "/".

Hope this helps!