Jellyfin Forum
Disabling the primary metadata provider for only one series - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Disabling the primary metadata provider for only one series (/t-disabling-the-primary-metadata-provider-for-only-one-series)

Disabling the primary metadata provider for only one series - SteveSharpe - 2023-11-13

I have been using The Movie DB for nearly all of my metadata, including TV shows.  I've had to often rename the files to match up to TMDB's naming as a lot of things it doesn't agree with the rest of the internet on.  But I'm okay with doing that so I can keep things simple and know that TMDB is the main source of truth for me.

However, I recently got a series that seemingly does not exist at all on The Movie Database.  It is the Three Stooges TV series.  The TV DB has it all on there in 26 seasons, but the Movie DB only has individual movies, documentaries, etc. and nothing for the TV series.

I added the TV DB to my list of metadata plugins but put it as a lower priority than TMDB.  I do not want to movie TVDB as the top priority because I think it will screw up all of the prior stuff that I have named specifically the way that TMDB likes to pick it up.  I could screw up a significant portion of my library as it seems like TMDB always has discrepancies, especially on older series.

I am seemingly unable to do an "Identify" on the Three Stooges and only put in the TVDB ID.  Upon refresh of metadata it automatically picks up a particular Three Stooges documentary from TMDB.  I try to rescan, identify, etc., and it always goes back to TMDB as the default catch and never gets to TVDB where the episodes are properly labeled.

So how can I overcome this?  Is there a manual way to add a series and tell it to only use a single metadata provider?  Is there a way to get it to actually re-identify as the proper series from TVDB vs. the wrong information on TMDB?  Do I need to somehow figure out how to get the series added to TMDB?

Just looking for some advice vs. if I'm going to have to manually do metadata for this entire series.

RE: Disabling the primary metadata provider for only one series - bitmap - 2023-11-13

You should be able to lock metadata after your successful identification.

RE: Disabling the primary metadata provider for only one series - SteveSharpe - 2023-11-13

The issue is I can’t seem to successfully identify. It keeps picking up some documentary off of TMDB rather than the TV series from TVDB. Even if I manually identify and type only the TVDB ID nothing changes. It finds it and I click it, but the metadata stays wrong.

I guess maybe I could lock every single other series, temporarily disable TMDB or move TVDB higher, identify this series, and then lock it and move TMDB back to primary.

RE: Disabling the primary metadata provider for only one series - SethBacon - 2023-11-13

The pragmatic option is just to use a .nfo file for that series and have local scraper trump everything.

RE: Disabling the primary metadata provider for only one series - elephantLYFE - 2023-11-17

You double checked, you have TVDB plugin setup?

Also,try remove the media from jellyfin, give it some time,
try appending [TVDBID-XXXXX] to your folder,

Once Jellyfin has had time with the media removed,
reimport the newly named media.

(Dont know why, but when i try to make repeated changes to fast in short time,
it gets fussy, so i remove meida entirely, make sure names/ID is correct, then
the next evening I reimport it)