Jellyfin Forum
Help with audio playlists on an NFS share, no songs found? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Help with audio playlists on an NFS share, no songs found? (/t-help-with-audio-playlists-on-an-nfs-share-no-songs-found)

Help with audio playlists on an NFS share, no songs found? - surfrock66 - 2023-11-21

I have a music library on an NFS share.  Within this library, I have a folder called "Playlists" of m3u8 files, and the paths of these files are full paths within the share.  To explain, the library is "/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music", the playlists are "/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Playlists", and the actual m3u8 files are paths in that share at that path:

Code:
root@sr66-jly-01:/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Playlists# sudo -u jellyfin ls -as1l | grep Chris
56 -rw-rw-r--    1 surfrock66 surfrock66  54551 Jun 29 08:28 All Christmas Music.m3u8
16 -rw-rw-r--    1 surfrock66 surfrock66  15549 Jun 29 08:28 Christmas.m3u8
16 -rw-rw-r--    1 surfrock66 surfrock66  15549 Nov 20 18:31 Christmas.m3u8.bak
root@sr66-jly-01:/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Playlists# head -n 5 Christmas.m3u8
/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Mariah Carey/Merry Christmas/Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You.mp3
/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Burl Ives/Have a Holly Jolly Christmas/Burl Ives - A Holly Jolly Christmas.mp3
/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Andy Williams/The Andy Williams Christmas Album/Andy Williams - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.mp3
/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Andy Williams/The Andy Williams Christmas Album/Andy Williams - Happy Holiday.mp3
/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Andy Williams/Merry Christmas/Andy Williams - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!.mp3

The jellyfin user has access to all the files, and I can find the files and play them just fine.  The problem is, when I view the playlist, there are no files in there.  This used to work, but the last time I tried to use a playlist (the Christmas playlist) it was before I moved fileservers, so the paths were different.  For sure though, the playlist works fine; if I launch it in VLC the songs all play just great.

If I click "play" on the empty playlist, I get an error saying "This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format" on both firefox on Linux, and in the official Android app.  Nothing in the Jellyfin logs is pointing me to a problem.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated, I'm stumped.

RE: Help with audio playlists on an NFS share, no songs found? - rigrig - 2023-11-21

I have no idea what could be going wrong, but you could try changing the playlist to relative paths and see if it helps:
Code:
/mnt/fileserver/surfrock66/Music/Playlists# head -n 5 Christmas.m3u8
../Mariah Carey/Merry Christmas/Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You.mp3
../Burl Ives/Have a Holly Jolly Christmas/Burl Ives - A Holly Jolly Christmas.mp3
../Andy Williams/The Andy Williams Christmas Album/Andy Williams - The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.mp3
../Andy Williams/The Andy Williams Christmas Album/Andy Williams - Happy Holiday.mp3
../Andy Williams/Merry Christmas/Andy Williams - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!.mp3

RE: Help with audio playlists on an NFS share, no songs found? - mcarlton00 - 2023-11-21

I believe last I tested, relative paths inside of playlist files don't work. It needs to be the full path to the music file as your Jellyfin server sees it.