Jellyfin Forum
Is it possible to eliminate shows from the next up section? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to eliminate shows from the next up section? (/t-is-it-possible-to-eliminate-shows-from-the-next-up-section)

Is it possible to eliminate shows from the next up section? - pto199 - 2023-11-24

I watched some classic Simpsons years and years ago.  Now I can't get rid of the Simpsons from the "next up" section.  I can check mark it as watched or go into an episode and scroll to the end to make it disappear, but a new episode eventually comes out.  Ive had this problem for 4+ years now.  And it doesnt look like Simpsons will ever end, so I constantly get it shown in the next up section every time a new episode comes out.

I also have this problem with a few other shows that I have no interest in continuing to watch, but new episodes still come out for.  What do I have to edit/untick/change, whatever so that Jellyfin doesnt show new episodes anymore?  I want it to be like I never watched the show, so when new episodes come out, it doesnt re-appear in my next up section.

All solutions Ive tried to search for involve checking watched or scrolling to the end of an episode, but this is only a temporary solution until the next new episode comes out

RE: Is it possible to eliminate shows from the next up section? - TheDreadPirate - 2023-11-24

Are these new episodes from a live TV DVR recording?

RE: Is it possible to eliminate shows from the next up section? - ALD76 - 2023-11-24

(2023-11-24, 12:51 AM)pto199 Wrote: I watched some classic Simpsons years and years ago.  Now I can't get rid of the Simpsons from the "next up" section.  I can check mark it as watched or go into an episode and scroll to the end to make it disappear, but a new episode eventually comes out.  Ive had this problem for 4+ years now.  And it doesnt look like Simpsons will ever end, so I constantly get it shown in the next up section every time a new episode comes out.

I also have this problem with a few other shows that I have no interest in continuing to watch, but new episodes still come out for.  What do I have to edit/untick/change, whatever so that Jellyfin doesnt show new episodes anymore?  I want it to be like I never watched the show, so when new episodes come out, it doesnt re-appear in my next up section.

All solutions Ive tried to search for involve checking watched or scrolling to the end of an episode, but this is only a temporary solution until the next new episode comes out

Mark the whole show as played then switch it back to unplayed.

RE: Is it possible to eliminate shows from the next up section? - thornbill - 2023-11-29

Related feature request: https://features.jellyfin.org/posts/517/add-an-option-to-remove-an-item-from-continue-watching

RE: Is it possible to eliminate shows from the next up section? - pto199 - 2023-11-30

(2023-11-24, 10:10 AM)ALD76 Wrote:
(2023-11-24, 12:51 AM)pto199 Wrote: I watched some classic Simpsons years and years ago.  Now I can't get rid of the Simpsons from the "next up" section.  I can check mark it as watched or go into an episode and scroll to the end to make it disappear, but a new episode eventually comes out.  Ive had this problem for 4+ years now.  And it doesnt look like Simpsons will ever end, so I constantly get it shown in the next up section every time a new episode comes out.

Mark the whole show as played then switch it back to unplayed.

Doesn't Work.  It will remove the show for the moment, But as soon as a new episode comes out, its back in the next up section.  So this works for shows that are cancelled/finished and wont be getting new episodes, but not new shows where new episodes will eventually release.