Jellyfin Forum
"Latest" is showing old media after restarting - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: "Latest" is showing old media after restarting (/t-latest-is-showing-old-media-after-restarting)

"Latest" is showing old media after restarting - dataprolet - 2023-11-27

I had to restart the VM my Jellyfin docker container is running on and had to remount the HDDs on which my media files are stored. Now the "Latest" section is showing random movies and shows, but not the movies and shows I actually recently added to Jellyfin.

How can I fix this and maybe also prevent this from happening again?

RE: "Latest" is showing old media after restarting - FireSale - 2023-11-27

Refreshing Jellyfin Library:
Access Jellyfin Server via Terminal/SSH: Log into your Jellyfin server via terminal or SSH.

Stop Jellyfin Docker Container: Use the command docker stop [container_name] to halt the Jellyfin container.

Remount HDDs: Ensure your HDDs are remounted with the same paths and configurations as before.

Start Jellyfin Container: Restart the Jellyfin container using docker start [container_name].

Library Scan Command: Execute a library scan command inside the Jellyfin Docker container to refresh the library. You might use something like docker exec -it [container_name] jellyfin media scan to trigger a library scan within the container.

Verify "Latest" Section: Check the "Latest" section in the Jellyfin UI to confirm if the recently added movies and shows are now visible.

Preventing Future Issues:
Persistent Paths: Ensure consistent and persistent mounting of HDDs with the same paths upon system restart or container reboot. This maintains continuity in file access for Jellyfin.

Scheduled Library Scans: Configure a script or task scheduler to periodically trigger library scans within the Jellyfin container. This can be set to run at specific intervals, ensuring Jellyfin regularly updates its library with new media.

By following these technical steps to refresh the library and maintaining stable paths while scheduling regular scans, you can ensure Jellyfin accurately reflects any new additions to your media collection and mitigate issues caused by remounting HDDs or system restarts.

RE: "Latest" is showing old media after restarting - dataprolet - 2023-11-27

Unfortunately rescanning doesn't solve the issue.

RE: "Latest" is showing old media after restarting - tmsrxzar - 2023-11-27

check metadata -> date added is correct; check that the system time where jellyfin is running is correct; check dashboard -> libraries -> Display -> Date added behavior and if set to file creation date compare to the dates on the files

the 3rd sounds plausible if jellyfin rescanned everything in and used the file creation dates

RE: "Latest" is showing old media after restarting - dataprolet - 2023-11-27

Completely readding and then therefore rescanning the library did the trick. But now I have to manually go through all media and change wrongly identified media again.

RE: "Latest" is showing old media after restarting - tmsrxzar - 2023-11-27

for misidentified media i use external NFO files, i am not one to push this sort of thing for ALL media (because i do not like managing that many files) but i do like it when i have to force something, especially when i want to force a sorttitle in collections; just a small recommendation