Jellyfin Forum
IMVDB Plugin stopped working (Error code 500) after installing/enabling/uninstalling - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+---- Forum: Media Scanning & Identification (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-media-scanning-identification)
+---- Thread: IMVDB Plugin stopped working (Error code 500) after installing/enabling/uninstalling (/t-imvdb-plugin-stopped-working-error-code-500-after-installing-enabling-uninstalling)

IMVDB Plugin stopped working (Error code 500) after installing/enabling/uninstalling - Jonteponte - 2023-12-01

So I am on lastest stable version of Jellyfin (10.8.12) running in docker on a Synoloy DS918+ and it has been going mostly fine for a couple of years with a fairly big library of mostly TV Shows.

Then I started messing about. I have a (small) Music Video library and had the IMVDB plugin working fine with an account at IMVDB + API Key registered in Jellyfin. I then had the bright idea that I would test the YoutubeMetadata plugin instad (in hindsight it was probaby a silly idea). So I deleted all my media in the library from the GUI and installed the plugin using the metod described in their github repo (adding the repo and installing it from there). I then soon discovered that either it did not work properly when adding videos + metadata and rescanning or it was simply worse. And yes, I enabled it on the library and disabled the IMVDB plugin in the process.

When deciding to revert I tried to just change back to IMVDB as metadata provider on the library, which did not seem to have any effect. I then treid to disable the plugin from the dashboard as well. Which did never complete. I.e nothing happened and the status of the plugin never changed. The same happened when trying to uninstall from the same place.
In the end I found somewhere that I could just delete it from disk so I did. (From /docker/jellyfin/config/plugins + restart). And that seem to have done the trick. At least I do not see it anywhere in the dashboard and is not available as a metadata provider on the library.

So far so good. If not for the IMVDB plugin now not working anymore on the same library. After deleting the whole library from the GUI I am testing by just adding one video back and either rescanning or just refreshing metadata. The video also have embedded metadata, if that makes any difference. Added by yt-dlp.

This is what I get in the log (And yes, imvdb is up and I can log into my account):

2023-12-0111:38:35
[*]
[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x563c454fc740] stream 0, timescale not set
[*]2023-12-0111:38:38

?1h=[10:38:38] [ERR] [8] MediaBrowser.Providers.Music.MusicVideoMetadataService: Error in IMVDb

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).

at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()

at Jellyfin.Plugin.IMVDb.ImvdbClient.GetSearchResponseAsync(MusicVideoInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Jellyfin.Plugin.IMVDb.Providers.ImvdbProvider.GetSearchResults(MusicVideoInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Jellyfin.Plugin.IMVDb.Providers.ImvdbProvider.GetMetadata(MusicVideoInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
[*]2023-12-0111:38:50

?1h=[10:38:50] [INF] [8] Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.LibraryMonitor: Eurythmics, Annie Lennox, Dave Stewart - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Official Video)[qeMFqkcPYcg] (/media/Video/MusicVideos/Eurythmics, Annie Lennox, Dave Stewart - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) (Official Video)[qeMFqkcPYcg].mp4) will be refreshed.
[*]2023-12-0111:38:50

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x56000702e740] stream 0, timescale not set
[*]2023-12-0111:38:51

?1h=[10:38:51] [ERR] [102] MediaBrowser.Providers.Music.MusicVideoMetadataService: Error in IMVDb

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).

at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()

RE: IMVDB Plugin stopped working (Error code 500) after installing/enabling/uninstalling - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-01

Did the api key expire? Some places expire then after a set period.

RE: IMVDB Plugin stopped working (Error code 500) after installing/enabling/uninstalling - Jonteponte - 2023-12-02

I don't see anything about the API key expiring in their API settings. But I'll ask them.

RE: IMVDB Plugin stopped working (Error code 500) after installing/enabling/uninstalling - Jonteponte - 2023-12-04

And a couple of days later it just started working again. I did restart Jellyfin a couple of times but that did not immediately help. Sometimes these things just fix themselves. Maybe the IMVDB API itself was down and not the site?

RE: IMVDB Plugin stopped working (Error code 500) after installing/enabling/uninstalling - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-04

Definitely possible. Do they have a blog or status page to track that kind of stuff?