Jellyfin Forum
Jellyfin.exe gone missing - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Jellyfin.exe gone missing (/t-jellyfin-exe-gone-missing)

Jellyfin.exe gone missing - MoonPlaza - 2023-12-05

I believe this is not the first time JellyFin.exe has gone missing from the the odd threads here and there over the years.
Server has been running fine, last updated 29 Nov 2023. 10.6.13
Now I find the server is no longer running, the Tray app isn't there and despite W11 restarts and running a search, checking recycle bin, Windows protection history etc, it looks like JF.exe has gone for good. 
So do I just do a reinstall and hope for the best, or dig deeper?
Cheers,

RE: Jellyfin.exe gone missing - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-05

Check event viewer for any clues. But you're the second person to mention this behavior with Windows 11. Unless you are the same person from the matrix chat.

Check if C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin still exists. That contains all your configs and databases.

RE: Jellyfin.exe gone missing - MoonPlaza - 2023-12-05

Thanks for reply
No sign of JF.exe in ProgramData/Jellyfin at all. Nor does doing a FileManager or system search.
Last log file only has this consistent type error...
[2023-12-04 21:28:35.091 +00:00] [ERR] [13] Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager: Cannot get image dimensions for "C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\metadata\library\e6\e6c4b0aecabd6725b033461f4f840659\logo.svg"
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ThrowOverflowOrFormatException(ParsingStatus status, TypeCode type)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.ColorHelper.TryParse(String str, SKColor& color)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.ReadPaints(Dictionary2 style, SKPaint& strokePaint, SKPaint& fillPaint, Boolean isGroup)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.ReadElement(XElement e, SKCanvas canvas, SKPaint stroke, SKPaint fill)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.ReadElement(XElement e, SKCanvas canvas, SKPaint stroke, SKPaint fill)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.LoadElements(IEnumerable
1 elements, SKCanvas canvas, SKPaint stroke, SKPaint fill)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.Load(XDocument xdoc)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.Load(Stream stream)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.Load(String filename)
at Jellyfin.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetImageSize(String path)

RE: Jellyfin.exe gone missing - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-05

Backup C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin, reinstall.

RE: Jellyfin.exe gone missing - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2023-12-05

I'm thinking this might be a Windows issue. On my Windows 10 machine, I have a couple of programs with tray icons that disappear after some time.
To fix this, I have to completely end the program (either normally, or through the task manager) and start it back up.

I don't know if this issue is Window's bug specifically, or the program developers' since it's always the same tray icons that disappear.

RE: Jellyfin.exe gone missing - MoonPlaza - 2023-12-06

In the end, I decided to reinstall JF and all seems to be working OK. Not too sure if it auto starts with Windows yet, but that's to be tested and sorted out.
Thanks for replies.
Cheers,

RE: Jellyfin.exe gone missing - hagenlund - 2023-12-06

I've had this happen once before, and it just happened again today. I was watching Fargo on Jellyfin while running winget update -all, then restarted the computer to finish a Windows update. After the restart, Jellyfin wouldn't start because the executable was missing. My winget logs show that Jellyfin was detected, but was not updated. This leads me to conclude that the Windows update must somehow be the reason why the executable keeps going missing.