Jellyfin Forum
Recordings split - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Recordings split (/t-recordings-split)

Recordings split - andaconda - 2023-12-05

Why is Jellyfin breaking my recordings into multiple files?
IE:
The View S27E64  -- 1.63gb
The View S27E64 - 1  -- 843mb
The View S27E64 - 2  -- 77.3mb

Even Shorter half hour recordings do that...

Pictionary S02E57 Sketch Outside the Box  -- 2.06gb
Pictionary S02E57 Sketch Outside the Box - 1  --175mb

I would like to record in one large file that I can later do a commercial cut on them.
-- not sure how to set that up -- for single file recordings.

[attachment=1780][attachment=1780]

RE: Recordings split - FireSale - 2023-12-05

Login to Jellyfin Dashboard: Open your web browser, enter your Jellyfin server's URL, and log in using your credentials.

Look for a settings or configuration option, usually located in the menu bar or settings gear icon on the Jellyfin dashboard.
Find and select "Recording Settings" or any option related to recordings.

File Size or Duration Limits:

Find settings related to file size limits or duration constraints for recordings.
Increase the file size limit or duration threshold to prevent segmentation. You might find options like "Maximum Recording File Size" or "Maximum Recording Duration."

Disable Segmentation or Splitting:

Look for an option to disable file segmentation during recordings. This setting might be labeled as "Split Files," "Segmentation," or "Split Recording into Multiple Files." Disable this option if available.

Save Changes:

After making adjustments, remember to save the changes by clicking on a "Save" or "Apply" button, usually at the bottom of the settings page.

Backup: Always back up your data before making significant changes to settings or using external tools for post-processing.

RE: Recordings split - andaconda - 2023-12-06

(2023-12-05, 11:33 PM)FireSale Wrote: Login to Jellyfin Dashboard: Open your web browser, enter your Jellyfin server's URL, and log in using your credentials.

Look for a settings or configuration option, usually located in the menu bar or settings gear icon on the Jellyfin dashboard.
Find and select "Recording Settings" or any option related to recordings.

File Size or Duration Limits:

Find settings related to file size limits or duration constraints for recordings.
Increase the file size limit or duration threshold to prevent segmentation. You might find options like "Maximum Recording File Size" or "Maximum Recording Duration."

Disable Segmentation or Splitting:

Look for an option to disable file segmentation during recordings. This setting might be labeled as "Split Files," "Segmentation," or "Split Recording into Multiple Files." Disable this option if available.

Save Changes:

After making adjustments, remember to save the changes by clicking on a "Save" or "Apply" button, usually at the bottom of the settings page.

Backup: Always back up your data before making significant changes to settings or using external tools for post-processing.

For the life of me I can't find anything relating to recording settings.    

RE: Recordings split - andaconda - 2023-12-06

I think it has been solved.
I uninstalled Jellyfin - then re-installed it using all default directories. Now it seems to record in one solid block of video instead of breaking into chunks. Maybe making my own directories created the problem.