Jellyfin Forum
Uninstall jellyfin - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Uninstall jellyfin (/t-uninstall-jellyfin)

Uninstall jellyfin - Jman4000 - 2023-12-11

Hello,
How do i uninstall completely jellyfin from synology nas?

Also i cant login. Added it awhile ago but was just messing around. How do i get in to delete any jellyfin files/account (assuming uninstall wont remove them)

Ps im using iphone safari and this forum is really messed up looking just fyi

RE: Uninstall jellyfin - tmsrxzar - 2023-12-11

depends on how you installed jellyfin, if you used a community script then you would likely need to find the developer

Ps

pretty sure everything looks "really messed up" on safari iphone

RE: Uninstall jellyfin - Jman4000 - 2023-12-12

Used docker on Synology nas.

tmsrxzar dateline='[url=tel:1702291652' Wrote: 1702291652[/url]']
depends on how you installed jellyfin, if you used a community script then you would likely need to find the developer

Ps

pretty sure everything looks "really messed up" on safari iphone

RE: Uninstall jellyfin - tmsrxzar - 2023-12-12

ah, i don't have an inkling of a clue how things work on a synology so i won't be of any help, have you tried the synology forums by chance?

RE: Uninstall jellyfin - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2023-12-12

If you used Docker, just delete the container. When you deploy with Docker, the whole point is to containerize your deployments which separates it from most of your system.
All data for Jellyfin will live in the container, so deleting its container is sufficient to wipe it off of your NAS completely.

When you delete the container, there should be no more traces of it. The only remaining thing would be folders that you used as a host path mount to the old container like your media folders or some other config folder.

RE: Uninstall jellyfin - tmsrxzar - 2023-12-12

(2023-12-12, 07:21 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: If you used Docker, just delete the container. When you deploy with Docker, the whole point is to containerize your deployments which separates it from most of your system.
All data for Jellyfin will live in the container, so deleting its container is sufficient to wipe it off of your NAS completely.

When you delete the container, there should be no more traces of it. The only remaining thing would be folders that you used as a host path mount to the old container like your media folders or some other config folder.

yea, it's the "only other thing" that i couldn't help with, i assumed the user is knowledgeable enough to already know to delete their docker images, containers and volumes

RE: Uninstall jellyfin - elephantLYFE - 2023-12-15

Assuming that you are using docker.
Delete the container,
& then manually delete any mapped folders you setup for cache/config and such.

If you are using 3rd party Community Package,
You should seek to contact/review documentation maintained by that 3rd party.
(Probably not as many answers here, as 3rd Party Community Packages are not Jellyfin Official.)

PS - Create separate posts for separate topics. Helps keep things clean & organized.