Jellyfin Forum
trakt sync causes homescreen issues - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: trakt sync causes homescreen issues (/t-trakt-sync-causes-homescreen-issues)

trakt sync causes homescreen issues - grunwalski - 2023-12-11

Hi,

My Server is running on Windows 10 x64 (via installer). I recently updated from 10.8.10 to 10.8.13, but the issue persists.

What extaclty is my issue?
After I sync a user to my trakt.tv account (everything is going fine*), the now synced user has no entries in recently added, next up, recent media, etc. Only the continue watching section isn't empty. On the Android TV App, also every channel for the homescreen - except My Media - is empty.

I have no clue on how to fix this. I created new users, but as soon as I sync... empty sections. Without syncing, every is fine. On Android TV, the next up, new premieres, recently added in the smart screens of each library is not empty.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

rock and stone!

There was an issue, with one TV Show syncing to often. Trakt thinks, i wachted it 5,000 times. But that seemed to happen once, a while back. I discovered it today, deleted the duplicate views on trakt and it hasnt happened since.

RE: trakt sync causes homescreen issues - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-12

Can you share your logs with us?

C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\log

RE: trakt sync causes homescreen issues - grunwalski - 2023-12-12

This I can do. Thanks for taking interest.

Here is my yesterdays log in an etherpad. upload didnt work: 
https://pad.riseup.net/p/PPLgTvMGP90-5Whg4DN9

RE: trakt sync causes homescreen issues - TheDreadPirate - 2023-12-12

I see this a lot

Code:
[ERR] [63] Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncLibraryTask: Episode not found on trakt.tv: TraktEpisode { Season: 0, Number: 0, Title: null, Ids: TraktEpisodeId { Tvdb: "74608", Tvrage: "6753", Imdb: "tt1628033", Tmdb: 45, Trakt: null, Slug: null } }

And this

Code:
[WRN] [63] Trakt.Api.TraktController: No associated trakt.tv user found - creating one.

And this is also problematic

Code:
[ERR] [96] Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncFromTraktTask: Error syncing trakt.tv data for user "TV"
Line  519:    at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncFromTraktTask.SyncTraktDataForUser(User user, Double currentProgress, IProgress`1 progress, Double percentPerUser, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Line  520:    at Trakt.ScheduledTasks.SyncFromTraktTask.ExecuteAsync(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Verify that your Trakt account is setup correctly and the plugin is properly configured.  Something with your Trakt is not right.

RE: trakt sync causes homescreen issues - grunwalski - 2023-12-12

Hmm...

This could be the result of me, acting before thinking. When I started to hunt down the issue, it took some time until I fully remembered, what I'd setup. Right now, there is more than one authorized user. I'm going to make, that only one user is setup and authorized for trakt and try again.

In terms of my trakt-account, i guess it is setup correctly, since the sync itself does work as intended/setup. The empty homescreen sections are the only problem i know of for now.

Thanks for looking into it. I report back.

RE: trakt sync causes homescreen issues - tmsrxzar - 2023-12-12

im not exactly following what the issue is here but i feel it is pertinent to drop a reminder that there is "per user" configuration for trakt on jellyfin, which means each user can have it's own trakt (pretty sure, only ever used a single myself)

RE: trakt sync causes homescreen issues - Therkelsen - 2024-07-10

(2023-12-12, 06:34 PM)tmsrxzar Wrote: im not exactly following what the issue is here but i feel it is pertinent to drop a reminder that there is "per user" configuration for trakt on jellyfin, which means each user can have it's own trakt (pretty sure, only ever used a single myself)

Did you find a solution to this? Smiling-face

RE: trakt sync causes homescreen issues - TheDreadPirate - 2024-07-10

For most people, the "solution" was to uninstall the Trakt plugin. But, obviously, not an ideal one.