Jellyfin Forum
soundtrack of content - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: soundtrack of content (/t-soundtrack-of-content)

soundtrack of content - javifeer - 2023-12-18

Hello!

Is there any way that when we select some content either series or movie before playing it, play a small fragment of the soundtrack?

Thanks!
Best regards

RE: soundtrack of content - javifeer - 2023-12-20

nothing? It would be a very cool feature!

RE: soundtrack of content - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2023-12-20

Jellyfin lets you add an mp3 file in a folder as a theme song to have the series/movie view play it as you have them open on screen.

All you have to do is rename any mp3 file to "theme.mp3" and place it in a show's folder, then rescan the show. Now each time you open the show view, the theme song plays.

You also have to make sure theme songs are enabled on your user client settings. Not all clients support theme songs.

(2023-12-20, 02:32 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Jellyfin lets you add an mp3 file in a folder as a theme song to have the series/movie view play it as you have them open on screen.

All you have to do is rename any mp3 file to "theme.mp3" and place it in a show's folder, then rescan the show. Now each time you open the show view, the theme song plays.

You also have to make sure theme songs are enabled on your user client settings. Not all clients support theme songs.

this is great! thank you very much for the information!

on android tv is it compatible? where can i find the option to enable the music themes in the client?

thank you very much once again

RE: soundtrack of content - tmsrxzar - 2023-12-20

(2023-12-20, 03:25 PM)javifeer Wrote: on android tv is it compatible? where can i find the option to enable the music themes in the client?

not available on android tv https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin-androidtv/issues/1150

RE: soundtrack of content - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2023-12-20

From what I know, the only clients so far that can play theme songs are any that use the Jellyfin Web browser inerface.

To make a list of clients that can play theme songs:
  1. Jellyfin's Web Browser
  2. Jellyfin Media Player
  3. Jellyfin Android App
  4. Jellyfin IOS App

The Android TV client doesn't use the browser interface, so the developers behind it need to implement theme music support for it to work there.

As to where the setting for this is in the browser, go to your user client settings (not dashboard) and in the display section, there will be a theme song checkbox.

a pity... it works super well on all devices except android tv...

RE: soundtrack of content - elephantLYFE - 2024-01-20

Hello,
I am trying to get this feature to work on my setup also.
Screenshot of my folder layout below also.

1. Jellyfin's Web Browser - This is not working for me. (latest firefox)
2. Jellyfin Media Player - N/A
3. Jellyfin Android App - Guess this is not the same as the AndroidTv App? (FireTvOs)
4. Jellyfin iOS App - This is not working on my iPhone, Jellyfin Mobile iOS 1.5.0 (5.5.0.0)
  (Was this only in reference to the iOS app for AppleTV?)

RE: soundtrack of content - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-01-20

Make sure that for each client you go into the client settings, then display. In this display section, there's a checkbox for theme songs. Select this option, then save the page.

Also make sure to rescan the entire show/movie within Jellyfin to make it appear within its database so that it knows to play it.

(2024-01-20, 06:12 AM)elephantLYFE Wrote: 3. Jellyfin Android App - Guess this is not the same as the AndroidTv App? (FireTvOs)
The Android app that you can find in the Google play store for android phones. Not the one meant for TVs.

(2024-01-20, 06:12 AM)elephantLYFE Wrote: 4. Jellyfin iOS App - This is not working on my iPhone, Jellyfin Mobile iOS 1.5.0 (5.5.0.0)
  (Was this only in reference to the iOS app for AppleTV?)
I'm referring to the iPhone app, not AppleTV app (I never used an AppleTV, so I don't know if the app differs for that).

It's been a while since I've used the iOS app, so I might have this wrong, but it should be using the web interface for Jellyfin which should support theme songs.

It's pretty easy to figure out if a client supports theme songs. If the client you're using literally looks and interacts the same as the web browser version, it should support theme songs.

Like how when you upload custom CSS code to your dashbaord, your webGUI for Jellyfin will change. These changes will also appear on the Android (phone) app and Jellyfin Media Player since these two use the same webGUI.
The Android TV app doesn't use the webGUI, so your CSS doesn't apply to it.

Personally, I don't know of any client that supports theme songs outside of the Jellyfin provided web interface.

RE: soundtrack of content - elephantLYFE - 2024-01-28

Ah, Thank You! I see now. Theme Songs are working now for me.

1. I found it on web interface, same path as iOS settings. (Screenshot Below).
3. Did not know the the Android App Phone/TV,were separate releases.
4. I found it on iOS JellyFin App. (Screenshot Below).