Jellyfin Forum
jellyscrub Active but not working - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: jellyscrub Active but not working (/t-jellyscrub-active-but-not-working)

Pages: 1 2

jellyscrub Active but not working - MattJellyfin - 2023-12-18

I installed jellyscrub and intro skipper. They are both active but not working. I understand that intro-skipper project might be dead? So I am not sure why jellyscrub isn't working

RE: jellyscrub Active but not working - Venson - 2023-12-18

Hey @MattJellyfin

Did you read up on the instructions on how to enable introskipper on thier github page?

RE: jellyscrub Active but not working - MattJellyfin - 2023-12-18

(2023-12-18, 07:39 PM)Venson Wrote: Hey @MattJellyfin

Did you read up on the instructions on how to enable introskipper on thier github page?

Do you mean the manual Injection part?

this is how my settings look

RE: jellyscrub Active but not working - Yababakets - 2023-12-23

JELLYSCRUB

I suggest verifying the successful injection in the index.html file, located at /jellyfin/jellyfin-web/. Ensure that the line <script plugin="Jellyscrub" version="1.1.1.0" src="/Trickplay/ClientScript"></script> is positioned just before </body> (or version="1.0.0.0" based on the installed version).

Proceed to the next step if the line is present; otherwise, there may be a permission issue, and the injection may not occur. In such cases, manually add the line and restart your server.
Additionally you can clear your site cookies.

The subsequent step involves generating trickplays. This can be accomplished manually by navigating to Menu/Dashboard/Scheduled Tasks and clicking/tapping on the play button located on the right hand side next to "Generate BIF Files." Alternatively, you can schedule the task by going to the same location, clicking/tapping on "Generate BIF Files," and adding a Task Trigger (default set at 2:00 am). This process will create a folder named "trickplay" in your movie's directory.
You've chosen the "Create trickplays when videos are discovered" option, enabling automatic generation when adding media.I would recommand diabling it if you have a low-end pc/server , it will take forever to complete the scan.

The Jellyscrub settings screenshot you provided indicates that you are not using Hardware Acceleration (HW Acceleration is set to none) that means your CPU will be used for generating the BIF. Depending on your CPU it can take from couple of minutes to couple of weeks for a single movie. I recommand using a GPU instead if one available.

Things to keep in mind:

I will work on all devices using a browser but not on devices using Jellyfin Android Clients. Works on Jellyfin iOS client but now on JellySwift for iOS
On Jellyfin Desktop Client you need to click on your profile image, go to "Client Settings", and tick "Jellyscrub" under plugin support. Restart for changes to take effect.

INTRO-SKIPPER

Following the instructions makes the process quite straightforward, but based on my experience with it, I would not recommend using this feature. Certain movies or shows may have their intros after 12-15 minutes, requiring adjustment through the audio footprint setup. However, this adjustment may negatively impact other movies or shows, resulting in unnoticed skipped portions of the movie or episode.

RE: jellyscrub Active but not working - jamjellyjam - 2024-01-25

Hi.

I'm in the same boat and can't seem to figure out how to get jellyscrub running.

Here's my setup.
1. Jellyfin running on TrueNAS > all works well.
2. Installed plugin and re-started Jellyfin
3. Turned on creation of .BIF files

How do I find the index.html file so I can modify it? I can't seem to locate it in any of the settings.

RE: jellyscrub Active but not working - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-25

How did you install Jellyfin? Docker or with TrueCharts?

Thanks for the quick reply!

I installed using TrueCharts and followed this guide https://www.wundertech.net/how-to-install-jellyfin-on-truenas/

During the install process wihtin TrueNAS I mapped three folders:
  • /media
  • /cache
  • /config

I've been reading up on the web and looks like Jellyfin has 4 file pahts as listed under "Three vertical bars > Administration heading > Dashboard
  • I can see the following paths listed:
  • /cache
  • /config
  • /jellyfin/jellyfin-web

Within Jellyfin Dashboard when I click on those file paths nothing happens. I think they are listed there as a reference and not a clickable link that would take you to that folder.

I realize now that during setup I didn't map a "jellyfin" folder as the guide I was following didn't list it.

2 follow up questions with my current setup (Jellyfin on TrueNAS setup via TrueCharts):
  1. Is it possible to access the "jellyfin" path and where would I even map it?
  2. If I shutdown my Jellyfin and then in the TrueNAS Apps Jellyfin setting add a path to map to a jellyfin folder, will that migrate whatever was stored or will it see it as an empty folder and hence I would have wiped my setup. Hopefully that make sense.

Screenshot of Dashboard view showing the host paths:
[Image: VQxBRm0.png]
*Image uploaded via Imgur

You don't HAVE to map a /jellyfin folder because in a typical setup the contents of that directory don't need to be permanent like they need to be for /config and /cache. But if you want to make a persistent change to index.html for jellyscrub you will need to create a permanent path for jellyfin-web.

You can map it anywhere as long as the container can access it. By setting up a volume on the host machine you are making jellyfin-web permanent between shutdowns.

That would explain why the guide I followed didn't mention theĀ "/jellyfin" folder.

To make sure I understand correctly:
1. In my TrueNAS dataset create a folder called "jellyfin"
2. Shutdown Jellyfin on TrueNAS
3. In TrueNAS open the Jellyfin App to edit settings (TrueNAS > Apps > Jellyfin three dots > Edit)
4.Add storage by mapping "host path" on TrueNAS to where it should be in Jellyfin as per screenshot:
[Image: Dbp1bQk.png]

5. Save and start Jellyfin service.

This new mapping won't delete any of my other settings within Jellyfin? That's the part I'm worried about.

That sounds right.