Jellyfin Forum
Library contents appear missing after update (Jellyfin on Synology NAS) - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Library contents appear missing after update (Jellyfin on Synology NAS) (/t-library-contents-appear-missing-after-update-jellyfin-on-synology-nas)

Library contents appear missing after update (Jellyfin on Synology NAS) - kmrg2500 - 2023-12-26

I'm running Jellyfin on a Synology DS920+ (DSM 7.2.1-69057 Update 3) using their Container Manager app. I access the NAS using android TV as well as browser and mobile viewers (Android TV 0.15.9, Jellyfin Web 10.8.13, Jellyfin Android 2.6.0).

I recently updated Container Manager to 20.10.23-1437 and updated the Jellyfin Server from 10.8.7 to 10.8.13. A few days after the update, all libraries appear empty when browsing them using any view method (android TV, browser, mobile). However, I can search keywords, come up with results, and view them successfully. Also, if I "favorite" something, it shows up on the main jellyfin page when I toggle it to view favorites. Obviously the content is still there along with metadata - including "watched" info and other metadata mods I've made such as poster images. My current workaround is to "favorite" things I'm currently watching... It's also worth mentioning that I created cache and config folders on the NAS outside of the container per the recommendations. And, I can still modify the metadata effectively (i.e. poster image), so I guess it can communicate with the config/cache folders OK.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

RE: Library contents appear missing after update (Jellyfin on Synology NAS) - kmrg2500 - 2023-12-27

Update:

I deleted a library (Books) and added it back using the same folder path (/books_mnt) as before. The "Book" contents now show up in the library browser as before. Also, previously viewed audiobook tracks (viewed prior to the issue) were correctly displayed as "watched". However, the custom images were blown away. I tried all combinations of "refresh metadata" (scan for new, search for missing, then replace all) with no success. No old or new images show, just the default image showing a white folder with blue background. The failure to download new images may be a quirk of the Books library, because I recall needing to manually add author and book images before.

While doing the above, I also checked the log and found a couple noteworthy items:

I noticed the path is different on these two INF statements. One is to the mount location pointing to the directories on the NAS (/books_mnt), while the other looks like the default path in the docker container (/config/root/default/Books).
####################################################################
[2023-12-27 15:34:01.793 +00:00] [INF] [95] Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager: Removing item, Type: "Folder", Name: "books_mnt", Path: "/books_mnt", Id: 6553e6f5-6a83-f3cb-dfff-0eb78a76c96e
[2023-12-27 15:34:20.951 +00:00] [INF] [71] Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager: Removing item, Type: "CollectionFolder", Name: "Books", Path: "/config/root/default/Books", Id: 4e985111-ed7f-570b-5952-04d82adb02f3

There were about a dozen of these errors all pointing to the same ....acc1340/logo.svg. The logo.svg was associated with another banner image from a different library (Movies). I deleted the svg file and refreshed metadata - no effect. I'm guessing the logo.svg error was unrelated to the problem.
[2023-12-27 15:35:45.814 +00:00] [ERR] [94] Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager: Cannot get image dimensions for "/jellyfin_config_mnt/metadata/library/26/26df4295bb2a27cdfb18be7c7acc1340/logo.svg"
System.Xml.XmlException: Reference to undeclared entity 'ns_extend'. Line 13, position 16.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleGeneralEntityReference(String name, Boolean isInAttributeValue, Boolean pushFakeEntityIfNullResolver, Int32 entityStartLinePos)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.HandleEntityReference(Boolean isInAttributeValue, EntityExpandType expandType, Int32& charRefEndPos)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
at System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.Load(XmlReader reader)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.Load(Stream stream)
at SkiaSharp.Extended.Svg.SKSvg.Load(String filename)
at Jellyfin.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetImageSize(String path)
at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetImageDimensions(BaseItem item, ItemImageInfo info)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateImagesAsync(BaseItem item, Boolean forceUpdate)

I'll wait for feedback before trying this on Movies or Shows for fear of blowing away a significant amount of custom metadata and images.