Jellyfin Forum
Movies not showing up in library - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Movies not showing up in library (/t-movies-not-showing-up-in-library)

Pages: 1 2

Movies not showing up in library - cromswrath - 2024-01-03

I've checked for permissions and I think I've checked to make sure that the folders and files match naming conventions. 

This is a brand new NAS and I'm failing to get Jellyfin to recognize any movies no matter what I do (But it does recognize the audiobook I added...more on that below)

MOVIE ON NAS:
[Image: 1muo6P1.png]

LIBRARY STRUCTURE ON JELLYFIN:
[Image: kMf4kIk.png]

ERRORS IN LOGS ??
[Image: 2ajpQsf.png]

Meanwhile this is successfully showing up:

AUDIOBOOK ON NAS:
[Image: tcX8jwK.png]

AUDIOBOOK LIBRARY STRUCTURE ON JELLYFIN:
[Image: yr2SZov.png]

And the audiobook does show up.  The only difference I can tell is that for some reason the Jellyfin library is only looking in Public and not Public/Audiobooks, but I've tried resetting the Movie library to only point at /public and there is no chance.  I'm kind of at a loss for what to do next.

Thanks.

RE: Movies not showing up in library - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-03

Is Jellyfin also running on your NAS? What kind of NAS?

RE: Movies not showing up in library - cromswrath - 2024-01-03

(2024-01-03, 11:45 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Is Jellyfin also running on your NAS?  What kind of NAS?

Yes, Jellyfin is installed and running on the NAS.  It's a terra-cooler F2-223.  And just to reiterate, it IS finding and playing the audiobook I put on the NAS.  Just not any movie I've tried so far.

RE: Movies not showing up in library - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-04

I just noticed that you pointed your audio book library at /Volume1/public instead of /Volume1/public/Audiobooks. That would explain the error message you include.

I see in your Audiobooks library that the book doesn't have its own folder so that may explain why that one works. Make sure that each of the folders in Movies also grants sufficient permissions to Jellyfin. If you didn't recursively grant permission, Jellyfin probably only has permission to the top level Movies folder.

RE: Movies not showing up in library - cromswrath - 2024-01-04

(2024-01-04, 02:24 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: I just noticed that you pointed your audio book library at /Volume1/public instead of /Volume1/public/Audiobooks.  That would explain the error message you include.

I see in your Audiobooks library that the book doesn't have its own folder so that may explain why that one works.  Make sure that each of the folders in Movies also grants sufficient permissions to Jellyfin.  If you didn't recursively grant permission, Jellyfin probably only has permission to the top level Movies folder.

I appreciate the reply, but like I said I attempted to set up the Library as both /public/Movies AND regular /public only.  I never got anything to show up in either case.  I also tried just putting the movies in the public/Movies folder without any subfolders earlier before I posted and it made no difference.

But just to make sure I edited the library again now to this:
[Image: N52epQ6.png]

And just to confirm that all folders and files have the correct permissions:
[Image: cMsnyFn.png]
[Image: Y50DMzH.png]
[Image: AM2a62r.png]

But I did notice something odd. In Jellyfin under Administration/Metadata the file structure has a redundant layer that doesn't exist in my file manager on the NAS.
[Image: H8Sn8TG.png]

Not sure how this happened or how I can fix it. Or if that's the nature of my problem.

RE: Movies not showing up in library - tmsrxzar - 2024-01-04

it looks like you tried to add a subfolder of an existing library entry

you added public/audio then tried to add a subfolder of it as another library, you need to remove the initial one and put each in their own subfolder; if thats the case

(2024-01-04, 04:50 AM)tmsrxzar Wrote: it looks like you tried to add a subfolder of an existing library entry

you added public/audio then tried to add a subfolder of it as another library, you need to remove the initial one and put each in their own subfolder; if thats the case

That hadn't occurred to me.  Because Movies is already in Audiobooks because you included the parent folder, you can't then add a subfolder of an existing library to another library.

(2024-01-04, 04:50 AM)tmsrxzar Wrote: it looks like you tried to add a subfolder of an existing library entry

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it only appears that way in Jellyfin.  As you can see, there are no such folders in my NAS file manager.  There is only the single "Audiobooks" and single "Movies" folders under /public.

/Public
[Image: zWm51kE.png]

/Public/Audiobooks
[Image: NVNyCWq.png]

/Public/Movies
[Image: rJnV4g7.png]

I
(2024-01-04, 05:06 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote:

That hadn't occurred to me.  Because Movies is already in Audiobooks because you included the parent folder, you can't then add a subfolder of an existing library to another library.

That makes sense, but what I'm saying is that is only visible from the Metadata tab in Jellyfin.  Those folders don't exist in my file manager on the NAS, nor do they exist as options when setting up a new library in Jellyfin. I took a video I can upload somewhere if needed to show what I mean.  I can find no evidence of redundant folders anywhere else.

It looks like you have BOTH libraries pointing to /volume1/public now? You need to have one library that points to directly /volume1/public/Movies and the other that points directly to /volume1/public/Audiobooks.