Jellyfin Forum
Completely Uninstall Jellyfin - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Completely Uninstall Jellyfin (/t-completely-uninstall-jellyfin)

Completely Uninstall Jellyfin - wapenshaw - 2024-01-05

How to completely uninstall Jellyfin from a windows machine?

I used the standard add or remove programs, then did the following. 

1. Uninstalled Jellyfin from Window (standard windows uninstaller)
2. Deleted Jellyfin folders in the following 
a Program files 
b Program Data
3. Removed the service using SC DELTE JELLYFIN

The new installer still thinks there is an installation 

I then cleaned up the registry and I did a fresh install but I still get this and It remembers my servers name, this is on the system where Jellyfin is installed (localhost url)

[Image: FpR7uAR.png]

This is the log error I see in jellyfin logs, my system ip  "10.10.1.10/23" is my HyperV adapter IP. I don't know why its trying to bind to that?

where can I change this??

Code:
[2024-01-05 18:28:58.620 +05:30] [INF] [17] Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager: "Update Plugins" Completed after 0 minute(s) and 1 seconds
[2024-01-05 18:28:58.625 +05:30] [INF] [17] Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks
[2024-01-05 18:28:59.581 +05:30] [ERR] [15] Emby.Dlna.Main.DlnaEntryPoint: Error in CreateSsdpUdpSocket. IPAddress: "10.10.1.10/23"
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10049): The requested address is not valid in its context.
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Object optionValue)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateSsdpUdpSocket(IPAddress localIp, Int32 localPort)
  at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.CreateSocketAndListenForResponsesAsync()

RE: Completely Uninstall Jellyfin - tmsrxzar - 2024-01-05

is this 2 separate issues?

as far as the browser connecting to the wrong place; did you clear cache or perhaps try an "in-private" or "incognito" window?

as far as listening to a hyperV ip address; it's not even clear from your post how hyperV is involved in your setup

RE: Completely Uninstall Jellyfin - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-05

As tmsrxzar said, clear your browser cache to resolve the issue about your previous install.

As for the hyperv adapter, by default jellyfin will attempt to bind to all network interfaces. There is no harm in it attempt to bind to your hyperv interface, but you can manually set which IP to bind to thus binding to that particula interface.

RE: Completely Uninstall Jellyfin - almondigas - 2024-05-24

(2024-01-05, 12:51 PM)wapenshaw Wrote: How to completely uninstall Jellyfin from a windows machine?

I used the standard add or remove programs, then did the following. 

1. Uninstalled Jellyfin from Window (standard windows uninstaller)
2. Deleted Jellyfin folders in the following 
a Program files 
b Program Data
3. Removed the service using SC DELTE JELLYFIN

The new installer still thinks there is an installation 

I then cleaned up the registry and I did a fresh install but I still get this and It remembers my servers name, this is on the system where Jellyfin is installed (localhost url)

[Image: FpR7uAR.png]

This is the log error I see in jellyfin logs, my system ip  "10.10.1.10/23" is my HyperV adapter IP. I don't know why its trying to bind to that?

where can I change this??

Code:
[2024-01-05 18:28:58.620 +05:30] [INF] [17] Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager: "Update Plugins" Completed after 0 minute(s) and 1 seconds
[2024-01-05 18:28:58.625 +05:30] [INF] [17] Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks
[2024-01-05 18:28:59.581 +05:30] [ERR] [15] Emby.Dlna.Main.DlnaEntryPoint: Error in CreateSsdpUdpSocket. IPAddress: "10.10.1.10/23"
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10049): The requested address is not valid in its context.
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetMulticastOption(SocketOptionName optionName, MulticastOption MR)
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SetSocketOption(SocketOptionLevel optionLevel, SocketOptionName optionName, Object optionValue)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.Net.SocketFactory.CreateSsdpUdpSocket(IPAddress localIp, Int32 localPort)
  at Rssdp.Infrastructure.SsdpCommunicationsServer.CreateSocketAndListenForResponsesAsync()

I think I have the same problem you raise. Trying to fix a problem with GPU acceleration I have tried to uninstall it completely and do a fresh install. I am going through all the folders, the registry and all the points where I can think of that Jellyfin may have left something but I can't find anything that, when I try to install it after uninstalling it, doesn't tell me that there is a previous installation.

I have a Windows 10 installation, I think that will be the problem Upside-down-face .

Joking aside, anything to keep in mind to be able to uninstall it completely and do an install from 0?

RE: Completely Uninstall Jellyfin - TheDreadPirate - 2024-05-24

The one thing to do for a fresh start on a Windows install is to delete the data folder located in C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin. That has all your databases and config files.

RE: Completely Uninstall Jellyfin - almondigas - 2024-05-27

(2024-05-24, 08:38 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: The one thing to do for a fresh start on a Windows install is to delete the data folder located in C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin.  That has all your databases and config files.

I have confirmed that this particular folder is deleted but I still get the message that there is a previous installation.

But I think I've managed to solve it by deleting this particular registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Jellyfin

I don't know if it will help others or if it will help the devs team to fix this particular problem, but I have managed to not have it tell me that there is another installation when I try to reinstall it by deleting that registry.

PS: I just looked up what that WOW6432Node is and it seems related to running 32 bit applications on 64 bit OS? Just to clarify, my system is 64 bit and the Jellyfin app is only distributed in 64 bit for Windows.