Jellyfin Forum
View Date Played and Play Count - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: View Date Played and Play Count (/t-view-date-played-and-play-count)

View Date Played and Play Count - olevelo - 2024-01-07

How can I view the Date Played and Play Count?  It's obviously stored somewhere, because I can sort by it, but I can't find any way to show it.  I've tried the two reports plugins, but they don't show anything (the Playback Reports seems like it only works on new plays after install of the plugin?!).  I've searched this and other forums and have seen similar questions asked before with no answers.  I would think this would be a simple and basic thing...if nothing else in the Edit Metadata page, but nope.

RE: View Date Played and Play Count - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-07

Jellyfin stores that information but I don't recall any official clients displaying it. Feishin on the desktop and Symfonium on mobile display play count.

RE: View Date Played and Play Count - olevelo - 2024-01-07

(2024-01-07, 12:54 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Jellyfin stores that information but I don't recall any official clients displaying it.  Feishin on the desktop and Symfonium on mobile display play count.

Thanks.  I looked those apps up and it looks like they're music players.  I'm looking for movies and tv data (though I'll eventually setup music as well).

RE: View Date Played and Play Count - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-07

I am not certain that jellyfin tracks play count for video the way it does for music. Just whether the user watched it or not. You are probably out of luck with retroactive watch status prior to installing the playback report plugin.

(2024-01-07, 01:32 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: I am not certain that jellyfin tracks play count for video the way it does for music.  Just whether the user watched it or not.  You are probably out of luck with retroactive watch status prior to installing the playback report plugin.

The webapp (and I think Android app) has a sort by Play Count, and it does *something*.  I just have no idea if they're all 1 or 0 or what.  In Trakt and Kodi (not sure where to see it in Kodi, but Trakt got it from Kodi initially) there are some with greater than 1 plays.

RE: View Date Played and Play Count - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-01-07

If you have access to the .nfo files Jellyfin creates for each episode, you can open it to see the play count (just rename the ".nfo" to ".txt" to open on Windows).
The .nfo files, for example, have data for the play count, last played date/time, watched status, and position of where you last left off.

Though you can only choose to save this data for one user on your server (Dashboard --> Libraries --> NFO Settings).

It would be nice if a plugin or some native support was added to Jellyfin where it could save this data for all users, then store this data for each episode/movie in some folder within the config files.

(2024-01-07, 02:17 AM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: If you have access to the .nfo files Jellyfin creates for each episode, you can open it to see the play count (just rename the ".nfo" to ".txt" to open on Windows).
The .nfo files, for example, have data for the play count, last played date/time, watched status, and position of where you last left off.

Though you can only choose to save this data for one user on your server (Dashboard --> Libraries --> NFO Settings).

It would be nice if a plugin or some native support was added to Jellyfin where it could save this data for all users, then store this data for each episode/movie in some folder within the config files.

I don't have nfo files enabled, but I did wonder if enabling them would give me an easier way to see what's going on.  I think it said they would be stored in the folders with the media though and I really didn't want to clutter up that filesystem.  I actually used to have nfo files for everything years ago and nuked it all.