Jellyfin Forum
Dropdown options invisible - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Dropdown options invisible (/t-dropdown-options-invisible)

Dropdown options invisible - TrashCanMan - 2024-01-08

-Hi I'm running Jellyfin Media Player 10.8.13 on Windows 10 via the windows installer.
-Jellyfin server installed via Docker on Synology DS1821+

When using Jellyfin on desktop, every single drop down menu in Settings has the options blanked out as if the font is the same colour as the drop down menu box itself. When I put the cursor over an option, it highlights the row in blue but the font still remains invisible.

Means that changing any setting at all requires a process of elimination. I've attached 2 screenshots showing when the cursor is over a "selection" and again when it isn't.

This problem remains when in either dark or light mode. Has anyone come across this before?

RE: Dropdown options invisible - Efficient_Good_5784 - 2024-01-08

Do you have browser extensions that force a custom theme throughout web pages? Try disabling all extensions.

RE: Dropdown options invisible - niels - 2024-01-08

Looking at the scrollbar in the dropdown this really feels like a browser problem or graphic driver issue

RE: Dropdown options invisible - TrashCanMan - 2024-01-10

I'll give it a crack! Thank you

RE: Dropdown options invisible - TrashCanMan - 2024-01-16

(2024-01-08, 12:52 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Do you have browser extensions that force a custom theme throughout web pages? Try disabling all extensions.

Updated my graphics drivers and turned off all extensions in Chrome and Firefox. In the end it was a monitor specific issue, drivers and extensions made no difference.

When Jellyfin is on either of my 4K monitors (identical AOC monitors) the issue is there, invisible drop down menu options. But when Jellyfin is on my main monitor (ASUS VG34V ultra wide) then there is no issue with the menus. Peculiar. Not sure how I'd fix the issue on the 4K monitors but have ultimately solved the issue. Thank you!

RE: Dropdown options invisible - Eliteneet - 2024-06-16

(2024-01-16, 08:52 AM)TrashCanMan Wrote:
(2024-01-08, 12:52 PM)Efficient_Good_5784 Wrote: Do you have browser extensions that force a custom theme throughout web pages? Try disabling all extensions.

Updated my graphics drivers and turned off all extensions in Chrome and Firefox. In the end it was a monitor specific issue, drivers and extensions made no difference.

When Jellyfin is on either of my 4K monitors (identical AOC monitors) the issue is there, invisible drop down menu options. But when Jellyfin is on my main monitor (ASUS VG34V ultra wide) then there is no issue with the menus. Peculiar. Not sure how I'd fix the issue on the 4K monitors but have ultimately solved the issue. Thank you!

I had this same issue, its a High DPI settings issue.

Right click -> JellyfinMediaPlayer.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Change High DPI Settings -> System (Enhanced)

RE: Dropdown options invisible - scriptpolitics - 2024-06-18

it appears to be a visual bug or a compatibility issue between the Jellyfin Media Player and the Windows 10 operating system.