Jellyfin Forum
SOLVED: Several shows/movies don't play - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: SOLVED: Several shows/movies don't play (/t-solved-several-shows-movies-don-t-play)

Pages: 1 2

Several shows/movies don't play - mjtobias - 2024-01-11

Hi all, 

First time poster. Forgive me if I do something wrong. I searched the forum and found one thread with similar error messages ("This client isn't compatible with the media and the server isn't sending a compatible media format.") but to be honest, I couldn't make heads or tails of that thread.

I've used Jellyfin together with ErsatzTV for over a year with no problems. After Windows 11 updated yesterday, ErsatzTV wasn't working, so I opened Jellyfin and tried to play several TV shows and all gave me the above error message. I'll be honest, I'm not technologically adept (much like my avatar) so I don't understand all the transcode stuff. I just know everything worked, Windows 11 updated, now it doesn't work.

I tried changing a few settings, but this didn't work.

Sorry, I don't know how to post log files. I've never had a problem with Jellyfin before, so I've never looked into it.

Here are my specs:
Windows 11 pro
12th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-12900K  3.20 GHz
Nvidia GE Force RTX 3080

RE: Several shows/movies don't play - Serge K - 2024-01-11

Jellyin is installed on Win 11?
ErsatzTV - clent - is it android tv?

RE: Several shows/movies don't play - mjtobias - 2024-01-11

Jellyfin is installed on Windows 11 pro.
ErsatzTV is also on Windows 11 pro

Using Firecube to broadcast on TV.

However, most Jellyfin episodes/movies are not playing on either. (Either through "Live TV" on Firecube or browser (Chrome)

check jellyfin server setting on win 11 - ffmpeg path exists?

(2024-01-11, 02:05 PM)Serge K Wrote: check jellyfin server setting on win 11 - ffmpeg path exists?

It's blank. Always has been. Cannot type into the blank space or paste anything there.

how did you install jellyfin on win 11? which file

RE: Several shows/movies don't play - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-11

Starting with 10.8.13, the ffmpeg path cannot be changed.

Can you share your jellyfin and ffmpeg logs with us? C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\log

Make sure that the ffmpeg log you share is related to the failed playback attempt.

(2024-01-11, 05:50 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Starting with 10.8.13, the ffmpeg path cannot be changed.

Can you share your jellyfin and ffmpeg logs with us?  C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\log

Make sure that the ffmpeg log you share is related to the failed playback attempt.

At work atm, but will share those when I get home. Thanks for the responses!

(2024-01-11, 09:11 PM)mjtobias Wrote:
(2024-01-11, 05:50 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Starting with 10.8.13, the ffmpeg path cannot be changed.

Can you share your jellyfin and ffmpeg logs with us?  C:\ProgramData\Jellyfin\Server\log

At work atm, but will share those when I get home. Thanks for the responses!

Apparently, the log is too big to upload. The ffmpeg logs are all from yesterday, but it was failing then too, so I'll post the latest one. Welp, I get the message that this type of file is not allowed. Not sure what to do.

RE: Several shows/movies don't play - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-11

Zip them and add them as an attachment on a post here. You have to click "New Reply" or "Preview Post" to get the full editor with the option to attach files.