Jellyfin Forum
Now Playing + Playlist view - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Now Playing + Playlist view (/t-now-playing-playlist-view)

Now Playing + Playlist view - Trallallero - 2024-01-27

Greetings,
I have recently installed a modest personal server to manage the multimedia files of my home and office, and I find myself quite satisfied with Jellyfin. Pardon the question, perhaps trivial, but when, from the Jellyfin player installed on my tablet, I commence the playback of a song on the home stereo system (via a Wiim connected through DLNA), I subsequently find myself unable to locate the "now playing" window with the details of the track. Similarly, I am unable to find the playlist of the song that is currently being played. Could you kindly elucidate where these might be located?

Thank you.

RE: Now Playing + Playlist view - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-28

Are you able to see DLNA sessions in the Jellyfin Dashboard?

RE: Now Playing + Playlist view - Trallallero - 2024-01-28

Yes, I can see every device connected.

(2024-01-28, 02:14 AM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: Are you able to see DLNA sessions in the Jellyfin Dashboard?

Yup

RE: Now Playing + Playlist view - jimmyjammy - 2024-01-28

If memory serves me, try clicking on the album cover (or to the right of it) down in the bottom left of the control bar, that should bring up "What's playing" & the playlist. If you are looking to have "Playlists" displayed on your Home screen go to your user settings & under Home, scroll down & make sure that "Display on home screen" under "Playlists" is checked.
Hope this helps.
JJ

RE: Now Playing + Playlist view - Trallallero - 2024-01-31

(2024-01-28, 04:30 PM)jimmyjammy Wrote: If memory serves me, try clicking on the album cover (or to the right of it)  down in the bottom left of the control bar, that should bring up "What's playing" & the playlist. If you are looking to have "Playlists" displayed on your Home screen go to your user settings & under Home, scroll down & make sure that "Display on home screen" under "Playlists" is checked.
Hope this helps.
JJ

I will try this asap in the weekend. There is no playler like Finamp app? I would use the Finamp, but with that I cannot play over wifi, just on my phone. I would like to use something like finamp to control jellyfin stream trhough my wiim receiver

RE: Now Playing + Playlist view - TheDreadPirate - 2024-01-31

(2024-01-31, 09:19 PM)Trallallero Wrote:
(2024-01-28, 04:30 PM)jimmyjammy Wrote: If memory serves me, try clicking on the album cover (or to the right of it)  down in the bottom left of the control bar, that should bring up "What's playing" & the playlist. If you are looking to have "Playlists" displayed on your Home screen go to your user settings & under Home, scroll down & make sure that "Display on home screen" under "Playlists" is checked.
Hope this helps.
JJ

I will try this asap in the weekend. There is no playler like Finamp app? I would use the Finamp, but with that I cannot play over wifi, just on my phone. I would like to use something like finamp to control jellyfin stream trhough my wiim receiver

Check out Symfonium.  Works with Jellyfin and I think supports WiiM.  It isn't free, though.

RE: Now Playing + Playlist view - Trallallero - 2024-02-01

(2024-01-31, 09:44 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote:
(2024-01-31, 09:19 PM)Trallallero Wrote:
Hope this helps.
JJ

Check out Symfonium.  Works with Jellyfin and I think supports WiiM.  It isn't free, though.

thank you very much for the tips. I will check it tomorrow when I can test it with the wiim I have. Is there something for windows os as well?