Jellyfin Forum
Chromecast with Google tv - Video stopped playing and put tv in screensaver - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Chromecast with Google tv - Video stopped playing and put tv in screensaver (/t-chromecast-with-google-tv-video-stopped-playing-and-put-tv-in-screensaver)

Pages: 1 2

Chromecast with Google tv - Video stopped playing and put tv in screensaver - Batsy - 2024-02-02

Last night my mom was trying to watch a video and every time she played it after about a minute it would just go black screen no sound and then kick us to our tv's built in screensaver. I'm pretty sure it was the specific file causing an issue because others did not have this issue but I would like to know why so I can avoid it in the future.

Not sure how to share logs but I do have them from that night and if needed I can share a link to the specific file if that is allowed.

The way the system is running is from a mini pc running windows and the client is the chromecast with google tv. The file was a 2k hdr video which every other file we use is the same so I'm not to sure but like I said I can try and provide whatever else may be needed to help diagnose the issue.

RE: Chromecast with Google tv - Video stopped playing and put tv in screensaver - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-02

Can you share the log from that incident? Does this happen with every video or just the particular video that was watched last night?

RE: Chromecast with Google tv - Video stopped playing and put tv in screensaver - Batsy - 2024-02-02

How would I share the log so I don't accidently leak something as I see IP numbers in some of the log text?

RE: Chromecast with Google tv - Video stopped playing and put tv in screensaver - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-02

If it is your LAN IP (192.168.X.X) that is not a public IP. If there are public IPs and domains you can just ctrl+h in a text editor and replace all instances of your domain or public IP with "REDACTED" or something like that. Then post the sanitized log to pastebin or sourcebin.

RE: Chromecast with Google tv - Video stopped playing and put tv in screensaver - Batsy - 2024-02-02

I edited it just incase but here is the log from that day. The file in question to look for should be the HDR Percy Jackson Episode

https://sourceb.in/I5qgs9lzZ1

Can you give an approximate time? Nothing really stands out.

Lines 47-85 and 104-166 are when the issue was happening. I personally don't really see anything either which is why I feel it was just something in the file itself that was having issues running on the chromecast with google tv jellyfin client. Like I said I have never had this problem with any other file before and I get all my files from the same place and in the same format if available.

AFAICT, the server is behaving normally.

In the Android TV app there is a setting to send error logs to the server. Can you turn that on? If this is an instance of the Android TV app crashing, this should send a log to the server.

I just went to check and it actually was already on but this is the only log I have from that day. I really think it was some issue with the file itself causing issues but if there is nothing in the log to show it guess I will have no way to find out why.

You can try using ffmpeg to check the file.

Code:
ffmpeg -v error -i "/path/to/video.ext" -f null