Jellyfin Forum
Audio Book plugins? - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: General Questions (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-general-questions)
+--- Thread: Audio Book plugins? (/t-audio-book-plugins)

Audio Book plugins? - Ralthor - 2024-02-02

Any new or upcoming audio books plugins available for Jellyfin? I've been doing some reading and coming up dry with the best suggestion being audio bookshelf. I tried just adding my main audiobook folder to Jellyfin and it does find all the books in my library and displays the covers nicely, but doesnt have any info on the book itself such as author, series synopsis. Would really like to be able to sort/filter by user spcified criteria. Also the player doesnt recognise chapters etc. So near and yet so far!

RE: Audio Book plugins? - Ralthor - 2024-02-02

Also, should I have no option but to run with Jellyfin. Any Caddyfile experts here?
{
encode gzip
reverse_proxy localhost:8096
}

{
reverse_proxy localhost:13378
}
These both work in my caddyfile when implemented individually so the ports are OK in the firewall settings but I cant combine them for love nor money. Im not terribly good at this stuff.

RE: Audio Book plugins? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-02

Jellyfin 10.9 will have much better audiobook support, including integrated audio book metadata sources (which Bookshelf currently adds).

(2024-02-02, 05:44 PM)Ralthor Wrote: Also, should I have no option but to run with Jellyfin. Any Caddyfile experts here?
{
encode gzip
}

{
}
These both work in my caddyfile when implemented individually so the ports are OK in the firewall settings but I cant combine them for love nor money. Im not terribly good at this stuff.

You have two proxies LISTENING on the same port, even if they forward to a different port.  You have to specify a subdomain so caddy knows where to route traffic when both are running at the same time.

RE: Audio Book plugins? - Ralthor - 2024-02-02

(2024-02-02, 05:49 PM)TheDreadPirate Wrote: You have two proxies LISTENING on the same port, even if they forward to a different port.  You have to specify a subdomain so caddy knows where to route traffic when both are running at the same time.

I suspected it might be something like that. My reading seems to indiccate it should be possible but I have not been able to make it work. I have tried different ways of telling it what ports to listen on but everything that made one work, broke the other. Thanks for the reply.

RE: Audio Book plugins? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-02

You have two options, have them listen on separate ports or have them listen for specific subdomains (only applicable if you use domains at all).

Something like this (I don't use caddy, just reading docs).

Code:
localhost:80{
encode gzip
}

localhost:8080{
}

RE: Audio Book plugins? - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-04

(2024-02-02, 01:00 PM)Ralthor Wrote: Any new or upcoming audio books plugins available for Jellyfin? I've been doing some reading and coming up dry with the best suggestion being audio bookshelf. I tried just adding my main audiobook folder to Jellyfin and it does find all the books in my library and displays the covers nicely, but doesnt have any info on the book itself such as author, series synopsis. Would really like to be able to sort/filter by user spcified criteria. Also the player doesnt recognise chapters etc. So near and yet so far!

I was doing some testing for another forum post on audiobooks and noticed something I didn't before.  Since my audiobooks have some embedded metadata, book name, author, image, but no description, it didn't go out to Google Books to retrieve a descrption.

So it seems if you have embedded metadata JF won't reach out online for more.