Jellyfin Forum
Video playback stutters a lot in browser (Windows 10 PC) and not in LG TV app - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: Video playback stutters a lot in browser (Windows 10 PC) and not in LG TV app (/t-video-playback-stutters-a-lot-in-browser-windows-10-pc-and-not-in-lg-tv-app)

Video playback stutters a lot in browser (Windows 10 PC) and not in LG TV app - Meelelahutustlik - 2024-02-11

I'm asking in hopes that maybe someone can help.

So I have this issue with my own movieclips. I have a folder on NAS where I upload stuff directly from my camera for easy viewing with family. Video files are 4K 60 FPS (Bitrate (I'm not sure if correct??) 109106 kbps).
When I stream over 1 mbit cableĀ  speed from NAS to LG TV, it works kind of okay, I get occasional sound cuts, but no visible stutters or lags.
When viewing from Windows PC over 1 mbit cable, the video is unwatchable, loads buffer for 5 seconds for 3 secs of video.

Any idea why or how to improve playback on PC? Or why this happens?

Thanks!

RE: Video playback stutters a lot in browser (Windows 10 PC) and not in LG TV app - tmsrxzar - 2024-02-11

109106 kbps = 106.54882813 mbps
1mbps (1mbit) is less than 106

seems you're not sure what you have connected or you're trying to shove 100x the data rate of your cable

RE: Video playback stutters a lot in browser (Windows 10 PC) and not in LG TV app - Meelelahutustlik - 2024-02-11

(2024-02-11, 10:16 PM)tmsrxzar Wrote: 109106 kbps = 106.54882813 mbps

seems you're not sure what you have connected or you're trying to shove 100x the data rate of your cable

Oh, I'm sorry! I meant 1000MBIT, 1GBit. I guess it's still a bit over that but I was wondering why it worked much better in TV than in PC browser. Any idea for that? Additional info, TV is over WIFI, PC is over cable.

RE: Video playback stutters a lot in browser (Windows 10 PC) and not in LG TV app - tmsrxzar - 2024-02-11

(2024-02-11, 10:23 PM)Meelelahutustlik Wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry! I meant 1000MBIT, 1GBit. I guess it's still a bit over that but I was wondering why it worked much better in TV than in PC browser. Any idea for that? Additional info, TV is over WIFI, PC is over cable.

1000mbit ethernet should carry 106mbit video
browser playback will (likely) not be using hardware acceleration so there's the issue there, use a client since browser's can and will have issues almost always https://jellyfin.org/downloads
only edge i believe is capable but only on certain video codecs and combinations

wifi will be dependent on device capability but you didn't mention "which" tv
wifi will be dependent on router capability but you didn't mention which
wifi 2.4g will likely not be able to handle this, wifi 5 might, wifi 6 under good conditions would work
the tv may not be capable hardware wise to playback 60fps, or perhaps the bitrate is too high for it
could be having an issue with HEVC but you didn't say what video codec is being used

there are too many variables to tell you what's wrong on the TV

RE: Video playback stutters a lot in browser (Windows 10 PC) and not in LG TV app - Meelelahutustlik - 2024-02-11

(2024-02-11, 10:36 PM)tmsrxzar Wrote:
(2024-02-11, 10:23 PM)Meelelahutustlik Wrote:

1000mbit ethernet should carry 106mbit video
browser playback will (likely) not be using hardware acceleration so there's the issue there, use a client since browser's can and will have issues almost always https://jellyfin.org/downloads
only edge i believe is capable but only on certain video codecs and combinations

wifi will be dependent on device capability but you didn't mention "which" tv
wifi will be dependent on router capability but you didn't mention which
wifi 2.4g will likely not be able to handle this, wifi 5 might, wifi 6 under good conditions would work
the tv may not be capable hardware wise to playback 60fps, or perhaps the bitrate is too high for it
could be having an issue with HEVC but you didn't say what video codec is being used

there are too many variables to tell you what's wrong on the TV

Hmm...
I think you're spot on about the browser hardware acceleration, because I installed the client and now it works pretty much the same way like the TV. Very slight stutter for some reason. So in PC I see it as a slight video playback stutter and in TV only the audio stutters a little. In any case, it seems WIFI is not the issue. I'm in 5G wifi.
The TV is LG C3 77', I think it should be fine. Youtube 60 FPS plays fine.
I may need to check in to video codec as I'm indeed in HEVC, not H.264. Thanks for the idea!