Jellyfin Forum
roku client - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Troubleshooting (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-troubleshooting)
+--- Thread: roku client (/t-roku-client)

roku client - adm1jtg - 2024-02-26

Long time plex user who finally got fed up with the online checkin required by plex and that some features are locked behind a paywall....

So moved over to jellyfish and have a few issues/questions:

The main one being...
How does one delete a show off the server after watching it?
I am exclusively using the roku client app to watch my content.

Really the only other thing that SEEMS to be missing is the ability to "mark" a show or season as watched

RE: roku client - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-26

In the Android TV client, the delete function is hidden. I don't see an equivalent option in the Roku client to expose a delete function.

Generally we discourage performing "admin" functions on TV clients and deleting media is part of that.

RE: roku client - 1hitsong - 2024-02-26

We purposely didn't add media deletion to the Roku client. Others have asked for it to be added, but none of us programmers want that level of responsibility on our shoulders. Just use the web client to manage your media.

Quote:Really the only other thing that SEEMS to be missing is the ability to "mark" a show or season as watched

There's a weird, backwards way to mark single episodes as watched, but it more of a bug than an actual solution. So for now I'd say yeah, there isn't a way currently.

RE: roku client - adm1jtg - 2024-02-26

Interesting,
You target audience must be different then my personal use case.
I have a headless media server so the ONLY way to delete content would be either through the tv client or to remote into the server from a pc. The issue with the remote access is that I have got into the habit of deleting shows right after I watch them.

With this setup I would either have to remember which shows I had watched and needed to delete or maintain a sperate list and then "perform a delete/purge maintenance" at regular intervals.

Is this how the average user does it on jellyfin or am I missing something?

RE: roku client - TheDreadPirate - 2024-02-26

Are you not running the jellyfin web client? The web client can perform all admin functions, including deleting media from the Jellyfin web interface?

RE: roku client - adm1jtg - 2024-02-27

As I said I EXCLUSIVELY use the roku client to watch content both previously on plex and now was hoping to do the same with the jellyfin client. I never had a need to use a web client in the past and really don't plan to start using one now. I have a house of computer illiterate people all using the same server to watch content (4 roku devices), so keeping up on what needs to be deleted is simply not something I am interested in doing. On plex they would delete their own stuff when they finished watching it.

Now that I am aware this is an INTENTIONAL decision and not a lacking feature per say I am going to have to re-evaluate my moving to jellyfin as this simply doesnt fit well with my usage.

I appreciate all the replies and respect that this was a choice that was made, its just not one that works for me in my situation.