Jellyfin Forum
Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - Printable Version

+- Jellyfin Forum (https://forum.jellyfin.org)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-support)
+--- Forum: Guides, Walkthroughs & Tutorials (https://forum.jellyfin.org/f-guides-walkthroughs-tutorials)
+--- Thread: Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 (/t-jellyfin-jav-scraping-metadata-plugin-feb-2024)

Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - Kraanialepsy - 2024-02-27

At first, I tried all those JAVScraper, JellyfinJAV, jellyfin-plugin-jav. Anything that appear on the internet. And all of them seem to be discontinued long ago.
PhoenixAdult can scraping some JAV, but it's far from perfect. I think only 10% of my library is in the PhoenixAdult database.
Then I found MetaTube, which working perfectly as of Feb 2024. Pull poster nicely and got perfect metadata with translation. But it needs backend docker container to process and pull metadata separately.
All the information is in Chinese, so, use translation in your browser.
MetaTube Github
MetaTube wiki

This is the way I do it.
  • Deploy your MetaTube backend docker container to be discoverable in your network. And let it run there, no need to do anything further here.
  • Install MetaTube plugin in Jellyfin.
  • In MetaTube plugin configuration in Jellyfin. Put your backend container IP in General>Server:, left the Token: blank.
  • In Provider>Movie provider filter: put avbase,jav321,javbus,arzon after some test with my JAV library, what seem to work are just 4 of this. But when I need to identify individually, I prefer avbase.
  • I enabled Template, Name template: is {number} {title}. For tagline, just left it blank or put {date} like me.
  • Translation mode is Title and Summary, using Google (Free) translation engine.
  • Didn't tick or type anything in Substitution.
For filename, before putting them in Jellyfin library, I change them all to be JAVID.MP4. Like, ABC-999.MP4

RE: Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - bonnzifier - 2024-02-27

For JAV, is pretty forward to me... I don't care about meta-data. I just created each girl folder and put her video in there... that's it.

[screenshot removed by mods for violating community standards]

RE: Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - Kroowm - 2024-02-29

Hi,
It looks cool and I would like to install it at home but I don't understand how to install the MetaTube backend docker.
I'm completely new to docker, if you could explain in more detail that would be cool or maybe send me somewhere that talks about the procedure in detail

RE: Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - Kraanialepsy - 2024-03-01

(2024-02-27, 02:02 PM)bonnzifier Wrote: For JAV, is pretty forward to me... I don't care about meta-data. I just created each girl folder and put her video in there... that's it.

[screenshot removed by mods for violating community standards]
I'm more of a "genre" guy, so girls folder is not ideal for me.
Before knowing Jellyfin, I folder some of them based on studio.

RE: Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - Kraanialepsy - 2024-03-01

(2024-02-29, 05:06 PM)Kroowm Wrote: Hi,
It looks cool and I would like to install it at home but I don't understand how to install the MetaTube backend docker.
I'm completely new to docker, if you could explain in more detail that would be cool or maybe send me somewhere that talks about the procedure in detail

That would be too long and too hard for me to write them all.
tbh, I don't even document all those first day learning homelab, so if I need to replicate all my system, I need to learn all those thing again lol

For me I use Docker LXC in Proxmox in one of my mini PC server, so you could search up smth like...
Proxmox (virtual environment manager),
Docker LXC (docker inside Proxmox),
Portainer(kind of 'docker manager' that installed as one container in Docker).
For Docker, if you search up with just "Docker" it would come out as a developer thingy. We homelabber didn't need them much. Just search up with "Docker selft host" or "Docker homelab".
r/homelab, r/HomeServer, r/HomeNetworking would be nice too. Knowing about network would help a lot.

RE: Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - Kroowm - 2024-03-01

I finally succeeded but I can't explain how. As they say around my house “it’s falling in step”
Thanks for the leads

RE: Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - Luke Pulverenthief - 2024-03-26

Your best bet at this point is to use JAVlibrary, after the closure of r18 it has became the #1 resource for scraping. You also have dmm.co.jp for sure but translated elements from there such as titles are not always the best.

You could also easily make your own scraper, but surely there is a solution without the need to write your own. Stashapp for instance has all the best scrapers for JAV and is a more adapted solution for adult content.

Even though support for older American and Euro dvds can be better in jellyfin, when it comes to adult website scrapers, Stash will have much more features. You could technically use it just to rename and sort your files, generate nfos and then move all that back to jellyfin.

There used to be solutions like the javinizer but I think they are not maintained.

RE: Jellyfin JAV scraping metadata plugin Feb 2024 - Nicholson Percy - 2024-04-11

Seems like JAV is looking forward to it... Metadata is irrelevant to me. All I did was make a folder for each female and add her video to it.